The Tragic Story Of Us

Have you ever met someone and thought ''He's the one.'? Did you always dream and thought 'someday I will tell everyone the story of us.' ?  I have.

I nervously walked through the familiar hallway that lead to one place that I have come to love for the past two year but dreaded for the past two months. I can see the big wooden door at the end of the hallway and stopped in front o it. I rubbed my sweaty palm on my navy blue skirt that reached just above my knees and grabbed the cold silver knob. 

Hesitantly, I twisted the door knob knowing that the guy who made me felt like this was just behind the closed door. The oh-so-familiar door that can't decide which side it want to take because it was the one that brought us together but also decided to end our two years long of relationship.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Here goes nothing." I murmured to myself.

The usually deserted heaven of knowledge was pack with seniors who were preparing for college examination. I sigh. This might be a good thing because I'm sure he won't noticed me but also a bad thing because I might not be able to find any seat.

I walked, slowly, through the tables to search for an empty seat but frozen when I reached the third row of tables, my eyes and body was frozen when I saw him from behind sitting at a table on my left. My heart throb painfully but at the same time I felt excited after haven't see him for almost two months. All the seat at the tables he sat was full, it made me reminisce when we're together he always save a seat for me beside him.

I saw an empty seat at a table on my right and without a second thought took my seat that was opposite of him. I instantly regret because not only I can see his face clearly he also can see me. I shook my head and kept telling myself to concentrate on my work.

I can't help myself to glance his way, his round shape face, his messy brown hair, his full lips and his big black glasses made him looked attractive in his own way. I stiffen when he looked up from his book but relax when he looked down again. I nervously pulled my long sleeve sweatshirt and squirming in my seat. Sitting near him like this made me realized how much I missed him.

I saw from the corner of my eyes that he glanced my way but quickly look away. I quickly opened my book and pretend to be busy, knowing that he trying his best to avoid me. I kept wishing I knew how to tell him that I miss him so much but I never hear silent quiet this loud.

I glanced his way without realizing it and met his brown eyes. I hesitantly wave to him and he reluctantly wave back but pulled away half way. My heart sank, I'm dying to know was this killing him like it was killing me. 

He was a year older than me and clearly our intelligent was really far apart. He was the honour student and I was a quiet average girl who barely have any friend. One day, He almost slammed the library door when I was about to go out of the library and started dating three months later. 

We had a fight, well, I'm not sure I can called it a fight. He asked me to meet him after school in front of the library and told me he would be going to a college far away from here and might not come back here. He decided to break it off because he was not confident in long distance relationship and left me in front of the library door or more like he slammed it on my face and went inside to study.

I didn't saw him until today when my teacher decided to assign us a homework that need reference book that can only be found in our school library. I was about to give up on him until I saw him today, I kept wondering if I said something that day maybe we still together if I could break his doubt.

I saw the looked of pride in his eyes and mine mirror his. This was like a contest who could act like  they care less. Oh! How I wished he held me like he held his pride, I would drop all my guard for him.

I stood up knowing I couldn't win this and I would broke down if I stay here any longer. I saw him standing up with me and my heart race, I gather my book and walked his way and he did the same. He was standing in front of me, the word that I have been wondering for three months to say to him vanished in thin air like they never ever exist.

We both opened our mouth and then decided against it. We both realized that whatever the words that was about to come out of our  mouth wouldn't change a thing. We both held our head high and walked passes each other knowing that our story just end and we still have our pride with us.

The Story Of Us that I kept dreaming, end that day, well, more like The Tragic Story Of Us.

_________________________________________________________________

A/N:

This story really a challenge for me because I really love the lyric, song and the mv. I used some of the words from the lyric that I just can't ignore! This is actually the shortest short story I've ever wrote and the most carefree one maybe because I'm bad with names and I didn't name both of the characters in this story so yeah! This is the first time I'm stuck that I'm about to cry but I gather all the words I want in this story and then later re-write it.

It's kinda fun and I can finished it in a day! Yay! Check out the mv of this song that I already put at the multimedia corner.

This is for a competition organize by @Know_Thyself so yeah~ 

I dedicate this story to @Tormay5 for the awesome cover! You're amazing!

Enjoy! and don't forget to review and vote ;)