Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Someone started shaking me, I swung my arms until I was hitting the person, “Stop, no, stop.” I kept saying. I felt my pillow start shaking slightly, so I tried to give it a nice fluff, but instead I met something hard. I opened my eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the light. I lifted my head and looked down to see a person, Jake. “How did you even get here, Jake?” I asked. He was laughing. “I fell asleep on Dallas, I remember! That’s so creepy.” I groaned and lay back down on his chest and closed my eyes again.

“Come on Anna, it’s time to get up.” Jake said standing up. I fell off his chest and landed in a heap on the bed below him, my hair a mess. I heard him start laughing again, along with other people as I glared at him through my hair. Instead of letting him win, I closed my eyes right there and said, “Night, night, Jay.”

All of a sudden the bed was gone, “Nooooo!” I yelled, as I was hoisted over his shoulder. Soon he set me down on my own two feet and handed me a pair of crutches.

“Come on,” Jake said opening the door, “We’re going to see your boyfriend.”

I stopped dead in my tracks, “Oh, I don’t feel so good; I think I should lay back down.” I said making my way back to the bed.

“I told you she wouldn’t want to go.” A girl said. I looked at her; it was Dallas’s girlfriend or whatever. She stuck out her hand, “We haven’t officially met yet, well we have but not today, I’m Elle.”

I smiled, “Annie.” I sat on the edge of the bed.

“Come on A.” Jake begged. I hugged my knees, and shook my head. “Come on, he would love to see you. You’d make his day. Please?”

“Jake, listen. She doesn’t remember him. Why would she go visit him?” Elle explained.

Jake’s face got all serious for a minute, “She has to go see him.” We both raised our eyebrows and he continued, “They had to do surgery on his arm, and they put him under and now he’s acting all crazy. You have to see it, whether you remember him or not! I just about peed my pants myself when he decided that he was going to ‘establish a pee corner!’”

I thought it over for a minute, and I got up, “You so owe me, Jake.” I walked out the door and followed him to the room. I stopped outside the door taking a deep breath. I whispered to myself, “I don’t think I can do this.” I said looking at the door knob. Jake had already gone in and closed the door, leaving me in the hallway.

I felt someone grab my hand; I looked up and saw Elle, “You can do this. Before the accident, you were a confident, strong, amazing girl. Don’t let all of this change you. We all love you for who you are whether you remember us or not. Will won’t care either, and if he does, he’s not worth it.”

I smiled at her, “I still don’t think I can do it though, what will he say? What will he think? What-“

She cut me off, “Don’t worry, I’ll be by your side the whole time.” She put my hand on the door and I turned it and closed my eyes. I walked in and didn’t see anyone there.

Well I did see Taylor sitting there on the chair looking exhausted. “They are in the closet. Don’t go near it, they will jump out at you. They are trying to scare you. I tried to stop them.” He explained.

I laughed a little, “Two eighteen year old boys are in a dark closet by themselves. That’s…” I trailed off not knowing how to finish it.

“Suggestive,” Elle smiled. I went to the chair on the opposite side of the room. I saw Taylor get off his chair and hook it under the door so that they couldn’t get out.

He banged on the door a few times, “Guys, she chickened out. She isn’t coming. Come on out.”

“Darn, I thought she was coming.” I heard a guy whisper, not knowing who it was. Then I heard them try to open the door. When it wouldn’t open I heard the voice again. “Taylor? Man, the door is stuck! I think we are losing oxygen, HELP!” He paused, “Might as well establish a pee corner here too!” I laughed as the pounding at the door started.

I heard Jakes startled voice next, “Taylor? Taylor? Brother? Are you there?” He asked panicked. Then Taylor held up three fingers and counted down to one and pulled the chair away. Suddenly two boys flopped to the floor. I looked at Elle and we both burst out laughing. The boy I’m guessing was Will, looked up as his eyes adjusted, and they widened ever so slightly.

“Dude, do you see your sister or is it just the meds?” He asked Jake. Jake got up and winked at me.

“It’s just the meds.” He said with barley a straight face.

Will’s eyes opened even more, “She looks so real.” He got up and circled me. It was really awkward. I didn’t know what to do, “I feel like I can just touch her arm.” So he did. I lifted my hand to smack him but stopped myself when I got a look from Taylor and Jake. Elle on the other hand was bursting out laughing. “It feels like her arm. Dude, are you sure you don’t see your sister?”

Taylor waved his hand over my head and shook his head, “Man, I don’t even want to know why you know what my baby sisters arm feels like. But really there ain’t anyone there.” I looked up at him and he winked at me. It was so obvious that he and Jake were twins, they were so much alike.

Jake stood behind Will as he examined me and gestured me to grab him on the count of three. I looked at him a little reluctant, and then glanced at Elle, who nodded her head and gave me a thumbs up.

I took a deep breath and counted in my head, One, two, three! I grabbed onto his stomach, and paused a little, I was able to feel his six pack through his shirt. I blushed and remembered my job. “Boo!”

Words cannot explain the sound that came out of his mouth. It was kind of a girly high pitch scream, mixed with his low voice. I broke, and started laughing, as did everyone else in the room. Will looked around, “Wait. You’re real?” He asked. I nodded, “That’s weird I thought you were dead.” My jaw dropped, and eyes widened. Everyone stopped, frozen where they were. They all looked at me, for my reaction.

I stood up and made my way to the door, “I knew this was a bad idea.” I whispered to myself.