Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“My what?” I shrieked. I started panicking, “You’re joking. You’re lying. I know you are. I think I’d remember my own boyfriend. I mean come on, I have to! Maybe you’re looking too much into this picture. Maybe he’s just a really good friend. I mean really I promise, I’d remember my own boyfriend. Well, I did think that I’d remember my family, too, but I didn’t.” I rambled. The detectives looked kind of shocked; actually, the boy detectives looked shocked.

“You’re saying that you don’t remember anybody?” Sarah asked. I nodded, “Looks like a case of amnesia, this is gonna be tougher than we thought, boys.” She sighed.

I looked at them, “Are you positive he’s my boyfriend. He could be a cousin, or a friend.” I asked, practically begging them to tell me they made a mistake.

Gates came over to me, “I’m sorry, kid, he’s your boyfriend.” He sat on the side of the bed next to me and clicked on the picture changing it to the next one, a picture of me and the same guy kissing. Great, was all I thought.

All of our attentions were drawn to the door opening, all three of the brothers walked in, minus Charlie. They all looked surprised to see other people in the room. Dallas was the first to speak, “What are you guys doing in here?”

“Yeah,” Jake said, “I thought our parents told you to wait a few days.” Taylor just stood there nodding.

“Blue eyes,” Sarah started walking towards the boys, “I thought that I told them that they didn’t make the rules.”

“You can’t just do that. I mean, she doesn’t remember anything stu-“ Taylor started but I cut him off.

“Can we all just shut-up?” I yelled grabbing everyone’s attention. I looked at the four detectives, “Can we try this again in like a week, when I remember more?” I asked sweetly. They all nodded, and then excused themselves. Sarah left me the computer, and told me to keep it till the next time I saw her, so I could read all the posts. “What the heck just happened?” I asked softly more to myself than anyone else.

“Are you okay?” All three boys said at the same time, then looked at each other and laughed in deep voices, all sounding similar. I didn’t though.

“What is wrong with you three?!?” I asked getting mad. When they didn’t know what I was talking about, I talked again, “So, I think you left out a big piece of information when you were in here with me. What do you guys think it is?”

Jake looked up and said, “You hate dogs?”

“You’re afraid of bridges?” Taylor asked.

“You’re the only girl in the family other than ma?” Dallas finished.

“No, no, and Dallas, gee, thanks.” I could honestly feel myself getting frustrated so I took a few deep breaths, “You all failed to mention that I was in a fricken relationship!”

Dallas and Taylor let out a sigh of relief, and Jake laughed, “Why would we tell you that? Don’t you think it’s awkward enough that you’re dating one of our friends’ bu-“

“Is he older?” I asked. I was so curious about him now.

Taylor nodded his head, “He got held back freshman year, so he’s in your grade, but our age.” Taylor explained.

I looked at them, and then a thought hit me, “Are we still dating?”

“I texted him this morning that you woke up, he had a funny response.” Taylor said thoughtfully, not answering my question.

Jake smiled thoughtfully, too. “He texted me when you were talking to Dallas and Charlie.”

They both chuckled softly. Dallas and I looked at each other with confused expressions, “And?” We both asked at the same time.

“Oh,” Taylor said snapping back to reality, “He’s in the hospital.”

I tensed up, “This one?” I asked. I wasn’t ready to face him. No, I wasn’t, I don’t even remember him.

“Relax, chick,” Jake laughed, as he sat on the edge of my bed. “You see, our friend Will, was in an accident today, and is now in the hospital.”

My eyes widened, “Is he alright?” I asked concerned, even though I didn’t know why, I didn’t even know him.

“Oh, there comes the concerned girlfriend,” Taylor pointed out. I blushed.

Jake smiled and started laughing so hard he was having trouble getting out words, “He’s fine, he just uh, well, um. He kinda-“

“He was teaching his little sister how to get to the top bunk of her new bunk bed and he fell off the top.” Taylor finished for him, already looking bored.

Jake started laughing, “The best part is that his sister was afraid of the top bunk, and now she’s even more scared!”

I giggled a little, it was kinda funny. “So what did the doctor say?” I asked.

“He broke three ribs, he has a concussion, and he broke his wrist.” Taylor said playing with the buttons on my bed making me go up and down, until I hit him and told him to stop. He laughed.

“Don’t forget the Barbie Dream House!” Jake giggled like a little girl, as we all looked at him in confusion, “He broke her Barbie Dream House when he fell on it!”

“You, my friend,” I said chuckling, “are too nice to your friends.” Jake just shrugged it off and lay on his side, across the bottom of the bed.

“Are you still mad?” Dallas asked out of the blue, as he came and laid back on the bed next to me and grabbed my hand, “Cause I would never be able to live with myself if my favorite sister was mad at me.” He gave me puppy dog eyes. He acted like he was still a teenager, I could tell. It was hard to believe he was really twenty-two.

“Dallas, I’m your only sister!” I told him, laughing.

He shook his head ‘no’ “I have three sisters.” We all looked at him and he pointed to me, “One,” Then he pointed to Jake and Taylor, “Two, three. Me, dad, and Charlie are the only men in the house.”

I looked at the other two and burst out laughing when Jake asked, “Who’s your second favorite?” I could already tell that Jake was the ‘smart’ one. Taylor just rolled his eyes, and punched him in the shoulder.

The door opened when we were all laughing and smiling, to reveal Nurse Nancy. She walked in with a bag of food that Dallas jumped up to grab. Then she walked back in with a TV on a cart, with a DVD player. She looked at Jake and said, “When you’re done, you better return it.”  He nodded and she left.

“What is this, Jake?” I asked.

He looked at me in disbelief, “This is a TV. I can’t believe you don’t remember it. You watch shows on it, or movies, or eve-“

Dallas cut him off, “She meant; what are you doing with that, stupid?”

“Oh, I wanted to show Annabelle, some DVD’s.”  Jake said innocently.

I looked at him suspiciously, “What are they of?”

“Okay, so it’s only one. It’s a movie, my favorite.” He paused for dramatic effect, “Aladdin.” Everyone in the room started laughing. He put in the DVD and Dallas passed out the Chinese food. I smiled; I was really starting to like this family. My family.