Chapter Two

What I saw was extraordinary. The walls were made of exquisite glossy opal with short, thin, light brown streaks all over the surface and the floor was made like a checkerboard with pure white and evening black colored tiles that were about a foot size. Soon, I noticed young and beautiful teenage girls stopping in their tracks and looking in our direction with curious eyes. They started whispering amongst themselves.

One girl approached us, “Welcome to Heiress Academy. My name is Angelina Kutair. You can call me Angie. I am the student council president of this school,” She held out her hand, “Nice to meet you, Luna.” Angie had rich brown straight hair like golden soil and eyes of hazel. Her skin was fair, her nose was pointy, and her lips were covered with red lipstick.

“Nice to meet you too, Angie. Oh and here’s my sister, Dawn.”

Dawn walked up shyly, “Nice to meet you,” but she did not lift her hand to shake Angie’s.

“Nice to meet you too, Dawn,” Angie gave us a warm smile that gave me the feeling that we'll be great friends in the future.

Ding! Dong!

“That’s the bell. Here are your schedules.” She  quickly handed us a paper that showed our order for the day. “Bye, Bye! Oh, and by the way, your luggage has been moved to the dorms. You’ll be living in the same room so you don’t need to worry,” exclaimed Angie. She again had bid farewell and left to class.

“We got to go to class, too. Come on!” I yelled and Dawn followed. While we were running, we clashed into someone. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into you. Sorry.” As I looked up, I saw an adult.

“Don’t run in halls, Luna, Dawn,” said the woman.

“How do you know our names?” asked Dawn with her head tilting to one side.

“I have to know your names; you’re in my first period class which is Math. Come on, I’ll introduce you to the class.” She got up off the ground and walked towards a door. The sign beside the door was labeled 7-B. “My name is Mrs. Gideon and I’m the math teacher at this school. Follow me inside.” I followed her inside to see about 30 students. As soon as we walked in with Mrs. Gideon, the girls stopped talking and quickly got to their seats and sat up straight staring at us.  “Class, we have to new students, Dawn and Luna.” The students stood quiet and stared at us continually. “Introduce yourselves.”

“My name is Luna Tinera. Nice to meet you.”

“And my name is Dawn Tinera. N-Nice to meet you.” he was staring at her feet.

The students were still quiet. “Let me assign you seats.” She skimmed the room. “There are two spots in the back row; you guys will be sitting next to Karen Renoy and Yeina Kaye.” We walked to the desks and greeted our neighbors quietly.

I turned to my left to my left and said hi.

 "Yo. My name's Karen. Nice to meet cha'!"

In the corner of my eye, I saw two shy girls quietly talking to each other. Dawn introduced herself, "Hello, I'm Dawn. You must be Yeina." Yeina didn't speak but she smiled shyly.

Mrs. Gideon started teaching and eventually, class ended. Teachers were switched and now we have Mr. Beverly for History. Then we had Mrs. Cervantes for Spanish and Mr. Sampson for Language Arts.

As the day went on, I got to know most of my classmates such as Alice Henderson, one of the top ten most intelligent girls in our school and more. It was lunch at 12:15 and I am really hungry right now. I waited in line and accidentally overheard girls talking about the school next door.