KbAspires

This story has been complete for over a year but I figured it was time to update for one last story. This story is mine. I'm writing all of this and won't be editing it because it needs to be done once so I can finally accept my past.

I am a teenager of 15 years named Kenzi. In seventh grade, depression became my best friend. I was around 12 or 13 at this time. I was distancing myself from my best friends and they didn't seem to care. My best friend of over 12 years made new friends as I turned into a ghost; a ghost of the past. I was jealous that she was able to move on with her life and become friends with other people. I was dependent on my friend because I didn't want to lose her. I was two years old when we became friends. As we grew up together, our paths changed as we did. Her and I didn't enjoy the same things anymore... she wanted to do some terrible things and I felt as if she was going down the wrong path. I didn't want to go on that path but I was a follower and I would always follower her quietly not bothering to leave any comments.

It was eighth grade when I realized that I was not being healthy. By this time, I was broken. I still hung out with my best friend and her new best friends but I didn't talk to them. My headphones would be put into my phone as I would listen to depressing songs such as Welcome to my Life by Simple Plan and Who You Are by Jessie J. During this time, I created an Instagram account and called it dreamyvato. Demi Lovato was my inspiration as she got through some tough stuff and I loved her. I created the fan account hoping to feel better about myself and to meet others who loved her as well. My account had over 5k followers after a year and I loved it. My theme was always changing but my captions were always filled with quotes to help others that felt like me. This account was with me when I truly lost my best friend.

When I lost my best friend, I was angry and confused. She stopped talking to me out of nowhere and I didn't understand why. I wasn't sure what I did wrong. This hurt me and worsened my depression. My friend was in all of my classes and I knew that I couldn't stay at school. Life was horrible and I felt suffocated. My parents pulled me out of school and allowed me to start online school but they didn't know the real reason as to why I needed to leave. I thought that by doing online school that I would feel better but if anything, I got worse. I had no friends. Nobody except for my family texted me. I was alone and felt as if all of the people I knew never really cared because they didn't bother to ask how I was doing. It was as if they forgot about me; as if I was never there through the school days. Being homeschooled made me withdraw from the outside world.

During my year with my Instagram of Dreamyvato, I created this wattpad because I aspire to help others by writing. I never told my parents about my fan account on Instagram so when they found out, they realized that I was hurting and was depressed. They would not allow me to use that Instagram anymore even if it meant helping others because I needed a fresh start and that account was making me feel horrible. I started going to a counselor and it was difficult. I don't like opening up unless it's for helping someone else.

Eventually, I got better and began to feel healthier and happier. I stopped doing online school in the middle of my freshman year and began to go to a real high school. I was able to find new friends and to be myself again.

I wouldn't regret having depression or losing my best friend. If I didn't lose my best friend, I would probably be depressed even more and still following her. I would be going on the wrong path; the path to my self destruction. If my old friend ever reads this, thank you. Thank you for being a friend for me for twelve years. You taught me how to be strong. I was able to conquer many things because of you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been able to inspire others around the world through my writing. Thank you.

I'm okay now and better than ever but I have a new mission in life. I am going to help others through their dark tunnel so they can find a light. My story is known to inspire people. It's okay not to be okay because you will be okay in the end. If any of you ever are feeling horrible or angry or anything, come to me because I will be there; always.