Demi Lovato

When I was younger, my father left my mom. I haven't seen him in 5 years. He chose a bottle over his family. On my album Unbroken, I wrote a song for him that I call For the Love of a Daughter.

At age 11, I started getting bullied. The bullies made me hate myself. Because of that, I self harmed. It was really bad and I didn't think that I would ever get better.

In 2008, I was cast to play the lead role in Camp Rock. I also was cast to play the lead in Sonny With a Chance. People on twitter would hurt me with their words and it broke me even more. I was lost and confused.

In 2009, I went into rehab. It was my worst nightmare. I had no contact with anyone for a couple months. No one could visit me. I was trapped. I was their when the new year came and that was when I realized that I needed to get better. I wasn't myself.

I'm so much stronger now. I'm happy and healthy with a new album that's called Demi. On that album, I have a song that I wrote titled Warrior. Warrior explains how I was broken but it also shares how I got better.

After I got out of rehab, I got a tattoo on my wrists that says stay strong. Whenever I feel the urge to go back to my old ways, I look at my wrists and I feel okay again.

I'm better than ever now. I'm proud and happy. My name is Demetria Devonne Lovato and this is my story.

//

If you like this story, please make sure to vote, comment, and share it with your friends.