Chapter 7: Everyone Just Needs To Calm Down

Author’s Note: Hola, mi amigos. Anyway, I’m finally updating! I know a lot of you have been waiting for a while now, where as some of you have just finished reading my latest chapter, but anyway, that not the point. I’m here to put your wanting to a rest.

~Katie’s P.O.V~

“Oh my god, where the hell is it!” I heard Natalie yell as she stormed through the living room into the kitchen, then coming back out just to scream again, and run off in another direction looking for whatever it was that she was looking for.

 Right now we are preparing for Liz’s surprise birthday party. Everyone is at their wits end and no matter what anyone says, no one will calm down. Honestly, I think I’m the only one that’s calm at the moment. Even Ellie, who only just arrived here a few days ago, is spazzing out over it.

 Well there is Mari, but she’s an invited guest, so she really has nothing to worry about, however, Brigitte, Natalie, Rachel, and myself are the hostesses, which gives us a right to be freaking out, though I’m not really too worried about it.

 “Katie! Get your lazy ass up, and help me bring the cake out!” Rachel screamed at me before running off into the kitchen.

 I sighed before getting myself off of the couch and walking into the kitchen, only to shortly afterwards find a burnt cake, which not to mention, was horribly frosted, and made sloppily.

 “What is that?!” I questioned, making a disgusted gesture towards the cake.

 “A cake!” Rachel yelled, pissed off clearly written on her face. “Now help me get this damn thing out of here!”

 “No!” I yelled. “We can’t have people eat that!”

 Rachel glared at me, placing her hands on her hips in and irritated manner. “Well, Miss Sassy Pants, what do you intend for us to do about it?!”

 I sighed, running a hand through my loose curly, brunette locks. “I’m going to call someone, okay? Just don’t worry about it.”

 Rachel sighed, before storming out of the kitchen, going off to god knows where, leaving me alone in the kitchen to call the only people that I know could help me on such short notice.

 I pulled out my phone and dialed in the number, praying someone would pick up. It rang about four times before someone answered it, in a rather tired sounding deep voice, sending shivers down my spine.

 “Hello?”

 “Uh, hi, yeah, this is Miss Sassy Pa-I mean this is Katie, we had dinner together yesterday.” I mentally cursed myself for getting Rachel’s insult stuck in my head at a moment like this.

 “Oh, Katie, hey!” I heard some shuffling on the other side of the phone, a loud bang, then a crash and some voice yelling.

 “Uh, is everything okay?” I asked, looking around at the mess in the kitchen while I waited for my question to be answered.

 “Uh, yeah, yeah, it’s fine. I just bumped into a table and broke a lamp; Harry was kind of upset about it.”

 “Oh, okay. Anyway, I’m sorry to call you and all, but my best friend is having her birthday today, and our cake is total crap, and it’d be so much easier if someone got it on their way here and well…” I trailed off, realizing that I was kind of rambling.

 “I’m still here, what can Boobear do for ya?”

 I giggled at that, then quickly realizing how dizzy I sounded I stopped. “Would you possibly be able to come over and bring a cake with you?” I asked, biting my thumb afterwards, nervous that he might say no.