Chapter 22

I was sleeping, peacefully, but all good things have an end. Baxter jumped on the bed and started to nuzzle my face. I kept pushing him away. Then he barked. I opened my eyes and I looked at him. He and I made eye contact, then he got off of the bed. He waited at the door. I looked at Nathan and he was waking up.

"Go see what he wants." Nathan told me. I kiss Nathan, before I got out of the bed. I pulled on some clothes and followed Baxter. He took me to the living room. There was blood and I smelt wild animal. I looked around the room and I saw what he was upset about. 

There was a coyete in the corner. He had ripped apart a cat. He was trying to get out, but our pitbull was not going to let him get away. I saw the two of them start to growl at each other. 

"Stop!" My wolf commanded them. They both looked at me. I saw that the wild dog was terrified. I walked over to it and touched it's head. It started to coward.

"Baxter, back." I said as I pointed to the other side of the room. He did as I said. He still watched the wild dog. I picked the dog up, like a baby, and I put it in the back yard. It still didn't move, when I placed it on the ground.

"Go on. I won't let him get you. You are safe." I told it. He seemed to understand me. He bowed it's head and left the yard. I walked back in. Baxter was staring at me. I then saw the mess on the floor.

"Could you go get a plastic bag?" I asked Baxter. He ran out of the room and started to rumage through the kitchen. I heard him get the bag. He brought it to me and I picked up the dead cat. I then tied the bag off and handed it back to the pitbull.

"Put this outside, but come back in, immediately." I commanded him. He took the bag and went out his doggy door. I heard him come back in. That was a good thing.

"You can go now. Thanks, you are a good boy." I otld the dog. He started to wag his tail and I petted and rubbed his face. I kept repeating that he was a good boy and he licked me.

I finished with the dog and started to clean the floor of all the blood. Jay and Tom must have smelt it, because they came running in, at the same time.

"What happened?" Tom asked. I looked at him and shook my head.

"There was a coyete that got a hold of one of the cats. Don't worry, Baxter and I are taking care of it." I told him. He smiled and shook his head.

"I will clean the rest up." Jay told me. He walked over to me and took the cleaner away. I let him do it.

"So, looks like we have a big night tonight." I commented to Tom. He looked at me.

"I know. We have to get rid of Tony's body, turn Siva, convince my pack to not attack yours, and make sure that there are no hybrids in our area." Tom explained to me.

"I could get Jay, to stay with Siva and we could take Tony's body away." I suggested to him.

"That might work. I know that Draco can lead my gammas in the patrol. But before all of that, we have to tell them what is going on." He reminded me. I sighed and shokk my head.

"Will it all be okay?" I asked him. He turned to face me. He and I were almost the same height, so I didn't have to look too far up.

"I hope so." He told me. I then walked into him and gave him a hug. My wolf started to get really turned on. I felt him too.

"Shelby, I appreciate the gesture, but this really wasn't a good idea." He told me. I giggled and broke our hug. I looked up at him and my wolf took advatage of me. She took control and kissed him. I think his wolf did the same and he kissed back. Before I knew it, my legs were wrapped around his waist and he was walking, somewhere. I kissed down his neck and he started to growl.