Chapter 7

Just of rotten fruit 7

Life’s like a fruits basket

Some fruit are sweet as others are bitter.

ME?

I’m just a rotten fruit that is only good at taking the people I love to their demise.

*3rd P.O.V.*

Tohru wakes up early and gets ready for school; while walking down the empty hall of the Sohma’s home, Tohru thinks it will be a good idea to wake up her dear brother, Akihiro Honda, since he’s always so bitter when he first wakes up. After opening the door to Aki and Yuki’s bedroom Tohru realizes that her plan was a BAD idea. Feeling all the blood rush to her face, Tohru quickly slams a hand over her mouth to stop herself from screaming. Tohru then loudly slams the door shut at an inhuman speed and bolts down stairs to the start breakfast and hopefully leaves her embarrassment behind her.

In his room Yuki begins to wake up due to Tohru’s carelessness when closing the wooden screen door. Opening his eyes Yuki sees a light brown mop of hair against his chest and feels a pair of thin arms wrapped firmly around his neck, not in a choking like manor but like Yuki was receiving a tight hug. Looking down at Aki, Yuki couldn’t help but smile despite the fact that he felt extremely embarrassed by the situation Aki had put him in. Akihiro himself is sleeping like a baby, he didn’t seem to be having that nightmare anymore and just looks at peace, like he feels safe wrapped in Yuki’s arms.

Yuki sits up in his bed taking Aki along with him as the older teen still has his arms draped around Yuki’s neck.

‘I really need to ask Honda-san how to wake Akihiro up…’ Yuki thinks bitterly to himself, finding it near impossible to wake up the brunette.

“Akihiro-san, wake up!” Yuki once again tugs at Aki’s arms much like he did last night and realizes that the outcome would not change.

*Akihiro’s P.O.V.*

I’m half-asleep when I feel myself being moved, ‘what’s going on?’ I think still not finding the oomph to get up.

“Honda-san” A soft voice calls, since I’m so groggy I couldn’t instantly place who is speaking but I could tell that it was Tohru who replies to the soft and almost tired voice.

“Oh, Yuki-kun! It’s good to see you… Up… Why is Aki in your arms?” Tohru asks cheerfully.

Yuki sighs as he explains, “Akihiro doesn’t seem to want to free me from his grasp.”

“Wait is that why you two were sharing a bed?” Tohru gasps suddenly realizing that my odd sleeping habits have made both Yuki and herself embarrassed. Even though I’ve heard what Tohru said through my sleepy haze, it didn’t seem to process yet and I remained half-asleep.

*3rd P.O.V.*

Yuki has an intense blush on his face at the fact that Tohru has seen Akihiro and him sharing a bed. “You saw that?” Yuki gulps. “I’m sorry… and I must know how do you wake Akihiro up? Last night he wouldn’t let me go and I couldn’t wake him.” Yuki asks almost desperately.

“Oh it’s easy to wake Aki up!” Tohru smiles happily then walks into the kitchen and grabs a small piece of chocolate.

“Here you go Yuki-kun!” Tohru holds onto the chocolate as Yuki sits down so he could get a hand free. Aki is sitting in Yuki’s lap as his iron grip around Yuki’s neck stays strong.

“The only way I know to wake Aki is to give him some food. Though as a heads up Aki’s allergic to leeks so don’t give him them at any time.” Tohru informs him.

Nodding his head, Yuki takes the chocolate piece from Tohru and pops it into Aki’s mouth. Almost instantly the boy wakes up fully from his half-asleep state and his face becomes cherry red, as now that he is fully conscious Tohru’s words he heard while half asleep finally sunk in. Aki’s face is also red for the fact that he is sitting in Yuki’s lap as the younger teen seems to hold him in careful and almost loving way, almost like a lover would.

“A-ah! I-I’m so sorry!!” Aki wails in extreme embarrassment, sounding much like his sister as his voice raises a couple octaves and cracks slightly. Quickly flinging himself off of Yuki, Aki clambers over to one of the kitchens corners and falls to his knees, a depressing air around him. “I-I’m so sorry Yuki-kun.” Aki mutters hiding his tearing up eyes in his knees, “I… didn’t mean to do that… I just tend to latch onto people when I’m asleep…”

Giving the older teen a kind smile, Yuki chuckles softly and walks over to the short haired brunette, placing a cool hand against Aki’s bare back as he says, “It’s alright Aki. You didn’t do anything wrong. Now I think we should get you your glasses before you hurt yourself.”

Turning his head towards Yuki, Aki wipes his teary eyes with the back of his left hand and says quietly, “I’m still sorry… I should have grown out of that habit…”

“It’s fine Aki, please don’t beat yourself up over this incident.” Yuki gives Aki a heartwarming smile, a true smile, not one of his fake princely ones but a smile that shows his concern.

“Like you said before sm-” Yuki is cut off when Aki’s eyes fill with salty tears. “A-Aki, what’s wrong?!” Yuki asks, his eyes widening at Aki’s sudden mood swings.

“Smiled…” Aki mutters his lower lip quivering slightly, “You… smiled…”

“Huh?” Yuki tilts his head to the side in confusion.

“You actually smiled Yu-chan!!” Aki shouts happily, flinging his arms around Yuki’s neck, tears of happiness slipping down his cheeks. Akihiro is on his knees, leaning into Yuki as he nuzzles his nose into Yuki’s neck, causing goose bumps to rise on Yuki’s skin.

“Yu-chan?” Yuki asks the tearful boy as a new wave of heat rose to his face from the intense stare Tohru is giving him, and from the fact that Aki didn’t seem to notice the second person in the room.

“Oh, Sorry…” Aki mutters letting go of Yuki and then sitting on his knees as a cute blush rises to his face, he puffs out his cheeks and says, “I was just really happy to give me a real smile.”

‘A real smile?’ Yuki thinks to himself as he stares into Aki’s ice blue and speckled orange eyes.

‘Was what you just gave me a real smile from yourself Aki? … Was that real or is something holding back your smile just like mine was before you popped into my life?’ Yuki ponders to himself.

*Tohru’s P.O.V.*

Staring at Akihiro and Yuki brings a warm smile to her face. Akihiro, he deserves this time to be happy with Yuki. To express himself to the extent he can do so. To see Aki smiling, not even noticing her in the room… it makes her happy… she may not know the Sohma family very well, but living with them she feels it is good for both Aki and her. This is the first time, in a long while that she’s seen Aki’s face glow with pure joy. Although Aki does tend to have major mood swings, it just shows he can trust you with his emotions…

It shows he’s starting to trust you with his heart.

Vote

comment

fan!

P.S. teh external link has an awsome picture drawn by a dear friend of mine. she drew the picture for me, it's Aki adn Yuki adn i think it's fantastic!