Chapter 4

Jarf 4

After walking through the Sohma’s estate Hatori brought me to a simple office that had a white desk without any papers scattered on it. And a small hospital bed that was up against the back wall. The walls of the office were bare and the only thing that seemed to have any color was a single picture that was sitting on Hatori’s desk.

Hatori sat me down on the stiff hospital bed and walked over to his desk, “Hey Hatori?” I asked in a quiet voice.

“Yes Akihiro?”

“I don’t mean to be rude, but are you part of this Sohma curse? I know you said you knew all that stuff because you are the possessed’s doctor but you seem upset when taking about the curse, like you know firsthand the pains it brings.”

Hatori sighed a sad smile on his face, “You’re very observant Akihiro.”

“So I was right?” I asked clenching my fists

“Yes, you were. I am part of the Sohma family curse. I’m possessed by the dragon. Now that you know… I’m sure you feel frightened.”

I shook my head, “NO… Fascinated? Definitely, Frightened or scared? No way in hell”

Hatori’s eyes widen, “What why?”

I smile, “Because even with that stupid curse, you’re you. And You Hatori, haven’t tried to hurt me thus far. So why would you try to once I find you turn into a dragon,” I paused for a moment in thought, “You don’t really turn into a dragon do you? If you did that’d be totally awesome!!”

Hatori shook his head, chuckling slightly, “You sure are one of a kind.”

“I take great pride in that!” laughed lightly as I kicked my feet back and forth.

“I’m sure you do, now let’s take your tempeture and see what I can do to help you feel better.” Hatori pulled out a thermometer from a cabinet, “Let’s get started shall we?”

“Okay.”

~~

“That should do it. You have a minor sinus infection but with the right medication it should be gone within a few days” Hatori had finished doing my check up and was explaining what was wrong. As Hatori had said before, I seemed to have a sinus infection, that and a slight fever. Luckily for me Hatori gave me the okay on going to school. “Make sure you don’t over work yourself or you’ll only feel worse.”

I nodded in understanding, “Thank you Hatori, It’s very kind of you to do this for me.”

“It’s not a problem. And Akihiro?” Hatori turned towards me his gray eyes soft and filled with sorrow.

“Yes?” I asked, standing up from the hospital bed.

“I’m sorry… if I have to erase your memories…”

Earlier Hatori had explained what could happen now that I knew of the Sohma’s family curse. That I might have my memories erased so I would never share their secret.

Yet hearing Hatori’s words brought a smile to my face. I walked up to Hatori and placed a hand on his shoulder, “It wouldn’t be your fault Hatori. You would have been ordered to by your family head, and I respect that. But please… If my memories are erased… Could I stay friends with you, Yuki and Shigure? I don’t care about your family curse or your past. I just don’t want to lose some of my first friends! Please can you promise me that Hatori?”

The older man looked down at me with glassy eyes, ‘you idiot…’ he thought to himself, ’Of course I’ll do that.’ “I Promise” Hatori said pulling me into a hug.

“Thank you Hatori!” I said hugging the black haired man back.

I guess without even realizing it, this man… This family with such a scared past was becoming a pillar I never had before. A place where I could call home and a group of people I could call family.

Because when my parents died I was the pillar for Tohru, the person who kept her up right and focused (Well as focused as Tohru can be…) I was always the caregiver, never the one being cared for. Sure both my parents loved and took care of me. But my father died when I was four so I never had a male role model to look up to. Then Mom died and left Tohru a total mess. She constantly blamed herself, saying mom died because she never told mom to be safe.

Mom’s death was no one’s fault and when I Told Tohru that she broke down, claiming that I didn’t understand. Which I truth I didn’t.

I did feel sad when mom passes, nonetheless I couldn’t blame anyone. Sure it didn’t seem fair leaving two kids alone to care for themselves, but Tohru and I are stronger now. I know for a fact I’m still Tohru’s pillar of strength and support. Though I was clueless on the fact that my pillar, my support was being filled back into place

By the family named Sohma.

Hey guys just wanted to say sorry for the shortness of this chapter, but I hope you still enjoyed. There WILL be more action in the next chapters to come. Please leave a comment and or review and tell me what you think.