Chapter 10 - Clashing Swords. Scared Tashikani?

"Hello to you too, Akai Kiri."

Akai growled. "Don't call me that, Momochi. Don't you remember what I told you years ago? I. Quit. I retired. I don't use that title anymore." She snapped, but Zabuza laughed as his response.

"You can never quit, Akai! Unless you return the sword, you will have to bear your title! Red Mist!"

"As if! We both know that Yagura will only use it for his own benefits!" Akai yelled in anger, "He entrusted it to me, and I will keep it!" She exclaimed, as her free hand pulled out some senbons, the other tightened its grip on her dagger.

"You're hopeless. You really want a duel?" Zabuza asked, chuckling as he lifted his sword.

"Akai! Don't you dare agree! He's a member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist! He will-..." Ibiki protested,  but he was cut off by Zabuza himself.

"So you haven't tell him, eh, Akai?" the Momochi taunted, lowering his large blade. Ibiki narrowed his eyes, looking at the girl.

"Akai, what is he talking about?"

Zabuza laughed, sending shivers down Akito and Shin's spines. "This girl... This demon girl is a part of us too! She's a Swordman! Or, should I say, a Swordwoman?" He said, smirking at the last part.

Akai cursed under her breath, glaring at him. "You have no right to spill out my secrets!"

"Why bother, Akai? Why bother hiding the fact that you selfishness made you lost your weak cousins?"

Akai's body starts trembling, in rage but not sadness.

"Mangetsu is far from weak! He's far stronger than you! And Suigetsu is just as great as his brother! The Hozukis are the strongest shinobis in Kiri!"

He chuckled in amusement. "But they're gone, right? Your father is dead, killed in his mission. Mangetsu, your cousin, and unfortunately my student, died in a battle against a group of rouges. And Suigetsu, he was kidnapped by a missing nin from Konoha. They all faced terrible fate, all because of their selflessness. It makes me wants to laugh, knowing-..."

"THAT'S IT!" Akai yelled in anger,  "I'll kill you, tashikani!"

Her team's eyes widen in shock as they saw her chakra ran through her weapon. Akai hold her dagger up in the air, her eyes narrowed in focus.

"HIRAMEKAREI KAIHŌ!!" She screamed. Light flashed around her dagger, and the blade transformed into a large sword.

Shin stared at the sword, observing it. Hiramekarei is a wide, flat blade with two curved indentations near its base, creating a sort of cross-guard. It has two handles, which are connected to one another by a short length of cord. He noticed how Hiramekarei was actually twin swords. The overall sword looks like a flounder fish in shape.

Akai's eyes were locked on her senior, analyzing his every moves. She slowly lowered her sword, holding the hilt tightly.

"I never wanted to show Hiramekarei... I hid it for years, but now, you've forced me." Akai growled, before she threw about 4 senbons at once, aiming for her fellow swordsman, who laughed and jumped away, preparing his own large blade.

"I've been longing for a good fight, Akai! Don't hold back!" He told her, grinning behind the bandages.

"Don't worry." She replied, as she began to run towards him,

"I'LL CUT YOU TO PIECES!!"

And the blades clashed.

| * | * | * | * | * |