Chapter 3 - The Only Sane One In This Place

Akai grinned, as she backflipped and landed smoothly on her feet, before she dashed off, running to find a shelter for the night.

"Damn this large village... Full of shinobis, too, tashikani... And they want me to live with Scarface?!" She muttered under her breath, before she climbed some windows and starts running on the roofs. She saw an empty apartment room, with the window opened, and she decided to enter.

The moment she jumped in, her eyes twitched. The place was a mess. Dirty clothes and empty ramen cups were scattered everywhere. Not mentioning the smell of the room.

However, she closed the window, and starts twirling her dagger around her fingers, looking around.

"This place is worthless. No weapon, no useful stuff, no food. Who the hell is the owner, tashikani?!" She grunted, before she put her daggers between her teeth, and starts rummaging through the wardrobe. She managed to find a white shirt. She was about to put it on, when a boy opened the door.

And the boy screamed. As her response, Akai screamed as well. He dropped the cans of paint he was holding, and she dropped the shirt.

"W-Who the hell are you, dattebayo?!"

Akai was laughing at the inside. Of course he would act this way. Who wouldn't, if they entered their room to find a blue haired girl biting a dagger while holding their clothes?

Akai tilted her head, as she put her dagger back to her pocket.

"I'm someone, tashikani." She replied flatly, before she picked up the shirt, and asked, "Hey, Whiskers, may I borrow this, tashikani?"

"... What are you talking about, dattebayo?"

Akai mentally faceplamed. "Isn't it obvious? I want to borrow this shirt. Now, may I, tashikani?"

The blonde slowly nodded, as he started making a tower with his paint cans.

"How can you be here, dattebayo?" He asked, as he sat on the bed. She laughed.

"The window, Whiskers. You didn't lock it, tashikani."

"... Why do you keep saying 'tashikani', dattebayo?"

"Why do you keep saying 'dattebayo', tashikani?" She asked back, as she entered the bathroom, and changed into the white shirt. She walked out, to find the blonde laughing, clutching his stomach.

"You're so funny, dattebayo! Are you a ninja? I mean, if you can climb to the window, then-..."

"No. Not a ninja, tashikani. Although, I can defeat one."

"Cool! Hey, by the way, I'm Naruto Uzumaki, dattebayo!"

Akai smiled. "As much as I want to tell you my name, I can't, tashikani."

"... Why, dattebayo?"

Akai smirked, and leaned to his ear. With a low, deep, mysterious tone, she whispered, "I'm being chased. By the bad ninjas, tashikani."

"Woah! What did you do, dattebayo?"

She sat beside him. "I stole some ramen coupons from them, tashikani." She said, as she pulled out the coupons from her pocket, "You can have it, Whiskers. But, can I hide here, tashikani?"

His eyes lightened up in an instant. "W-What?! Thank you so much, dattebayo! Of course you can stay here, Pretty-Blue-Girl!"

She smiled. "... By the way, Naruto, what's those paints for, tashikani?"

"Don't tell anyone," he started, as a grin spread across his face, "I'm going to paint the Hokage's faces next morning, dattebayo!"

Akai smirked. "I'll help, tashikani."