16

Dedicated to:

moodybookfreak

Shout outs to:

Xxfull_of_melodiesxX

jnel2012

Chase_Storm

dawntreadergirl

kai41793

Mute[BoyxBoy]

Chapter 16

AIDEN's POV

"Aid, are you ready to go?" I see Caleb's mom poke her head in my bedroom and I nod with a smile. To say that I am nervous does not even begin to describe what I feel right now. I have never been on an actual date before, especially not with Caleb. I have never wanted to go on one up until now. Knowing that I will have Caleb with me makes everything perfect though. 

One thing I am curious about is what the hell is going on between him and his mom. For the past hour they have both been acting suspicious about something. I have no clue what about though. I guess only time will tell. 

Taking a deep breath, I throw my jacket on and make my way down the stairs. I can hear Caleb's voice from in the kitchen and it makes butterflies flutter in my stomach. 

"God mom, I am so nervous! What if he says no..." I hear his voice go off distantly, and I can't help but freak out a little. What would there be for me to say no about? Hmm, who knows. Time to go find out I guess. 

I shrug my shoulders and make my way to the kitchen. Caleb stands there in nice jeans and a button up shirt, which his mother is currently straightening. 

"Just relax." Caleb nods and I clear my throat, making my appearance known.  

"Oh, hi baby. Ready to go?" I nod and his mom comes over and hugs me.  She pulls away smiling and leads us out the front door. 

"Good luck!", she hollers as we reach the car. Caleb waves goodbye and smiles, shaking his head with a laugh. I watch as he gets in next to me and sets that 'folder' down on the dashboard. I almost want to snatch it from him and look at what's inside.

He must have seen me eyeing it because he laughs and stuffs on the side where I can't reach it. 

"Nope! No peaking mister. You will see it in a little while." I pout but nod. He chuckles and as we reach a red light, he brings my lips to his and I feel all of the breath leave my body. I smile into it and pull back, just simply amazed at how he makes me feel. 

He turns his attention back to the road and I try to figure out where we are going, but fail as he passes field after field, clearing taking me somewhere out of town at the least. 

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see in a few minutes." He smirks at me and takes my hand in his, kissing it. I nod and sigh, closing my eyes and trying to distract my stomach from flipping out anymore. 

Less than 10 minutes later, I feel the car stop and I open my eyes to see a quant little Italian restaurant in front of my eyes. I feel myself get excited and I guess it's visible because all he does is laugh at me and exit the car. I see him tuck the folder in his back pocket and then he comes to open my door. 

We walk hand in hand into the restaurant and are greeting by a snobby looking hostess.

"Can I help you?" Caleb smiles and nods. 

"Yes, table for 2 please." She nods and I see her shoot us a look of disgust as she sees our hands together. I ignore her and press myself closer to Caleb. He moves to put his arm around my shoulders and leads us to follow the hostess lady. She shows us to table near a window with an outstanding view. A lake with a water fountain like tower and twinkle lights all around it. I smile at the view and take my seat.

Our waitress comes after a little while and takes our orders before we finally truly get to be alone. Caleb glances at me and it's almost as if he is sweating out of nervousness. I chuckle a little and he takes my hand in his. 

"Thank you for this. It's perfect." He shakes his head and grins. 

"Of course. I'd do anything for you. Speaking of..." His voices trails off and I see him shaking a little as he takes out the folder. I raise my eyebrow in question and he just hands it over to me. Flipping it open, I see a lot of papers, but at the top of one it says 'form for adoption'. I gasp and my eyes widen, a giant smile coming onto my face. 

"What is this about Cal?"

"I was talking to my parents and they both agree that it would be best for you and our family to adopt you. You need to get away from your abusive father and this would be the best option. Yes, you do turn 18 soon, but that's okay. We, especially I, want you to be with us permanently."

I find myself struggling to find the right words to say as I look from the papers to up at Caleb. My heart beat is going rapid as I think of what this could mean for me. No more neglect, no more abuse, nothing from that horrid animal that is my 'father'.

"I don't know what to say..." I bite my lip and glance at Caleb. I can see him mentally freaking out. 

"Say yes. You know I will do anything for you baby." I nod and clear my throat. 

"What will this mean for us though?" He gives me a weird look at first. 

"Nothing will change. It's not like we would actually be related. I wouldn't have even mentioned this to my parents if it meant us not being able to be together. You're stuck with me Aiden." He grins at me and then smirks. Hmm, being stuck with Caleb. Now that I could deal with. 

"Okay." His eyes widen and I let out a laugh at his shock. 

"Okay? You're agreeing?" I nod and his smile grows in size before he leans over the table, successfully bringing his lips to meet mine. I kiss him back and I know then that I made the right decision. Now to deal with my father...