European Music Awards

Virginie's Point Of View

October 24th

We got to Newcastle and Harry and I took this day off to look around the city. I really didn't want to stay hidden in the hotel. Not for me, but for him, it's all that he does. So we dressed up and went for a ride in and out the city on our way there. We drove the whole day, just talking and listening to some music. We walked a bit in a quiet place, I don't remember what it was called, but Harry took a lot of pictures. It was beautiful and fun to be carefree together again like on our first date. It was simple and perfect. We eventually got to go back at the hotel and the boys were playing PlayStation up stairs and Louis was kicking a 'football' in an empty conference room, like the one in the Perfect Music Video.

"Can you teach me how to play? I never really liked soccer..." I quietly say when I get in the lonely room with him to have a nice moment together for the first time.

"What!?! Where do you come from!?" Louis shouts.

"Another continent Louis! I'm more of a football and baseball fan!" I joke.

"Well, I'm happy to show you... Did you ever play?" He sweetly asks.

I think it's the first time I haven't heard him shout or joke about something. He takes the ball in his hands and joins me.

"Yeah, I played in a league for maybe four years, but I preferred baseball and joined the league."

"What position were you?"

"I was first base the last year I played, but the other twelve years I was second base..."

"I actually talked about football, but it's nice that you played baseball for... 13 years? It's amazing, I wouldn't have thought!" He says smiling warmly at me.

"Oh... I don't know! I think I was defense maybe... It was a long time ago..."

"Well, we are going to start by kicking simply the ball. That way, I can show you how to move your body in order to get the ball where you want it to go."

He kicks me gracefully the ball and I couldn't feel clumsier than I do when I kick it back at him. We do that for quite a long time, but I feel more confident as he tells me tricks. He even comes to me and take my hips to sway them the way it should to optimise the power to my foot. I'm really happy to see him enjoy teaching me how to play.

We get further away and it gets more and more fun. He is an excellent teacher and he is really calm and patient with me. I really like this side of Louis... After a while he teaches me how to kick the ball without letting it fall to the ground. He shows me how and he is amazing. He kicks it 21 times before it falls down. I give it a try too. I hope I get to kick it at least twice in a row... I'm surprised when I get to kick it four times before it falls further away. I'm very proud of myself and Louis teaches me a last trick before I try it again. Seven times! I'm amazed and very happy with myself.

"Thank you Louis! I had a really nice time... I hope we can do it again sometime!" I say with a big smile walking to hug him.

"It's my pleasure love..." He responds quietly to my ear hugging me back.

I look at him for a moment and this sight of him warms my heart.

"You'll be a great Dad!" I whisper softly.

He doesn't say anything, but he smiles genuinely and run a hand through his hair. At that moment, I see Louis' true beauty hiding in his silence, the non-verbal, his body language.