Home

Harold's Point Of View

September 15th

I wake up this morning with a bit of relief to find myself in my house, my bedroom.  Being away and touring so much has made me miss my bed, it's so comfortable.  I decide to spend an extra minute and enjoy finally being at home.  It's been so long since the last day I haven't had to set an alarm.

Although I'm now home, I must keep the routine going, so I regretfully leave the bed, get dressed and head downstairs to my gym. I put some music and start my training. After an exhausting hour, I take a long cold shower. God, it feels good to be home!

I head back to my room to get dressed but get too tempted to rest some more, so I let myself collapse on my bed. In a matter of seconds, sleep is getting to me.  I can feel myself drifting away in sleep when my phone buzzes on my night stand. Great... Who is it? I sit up with annoyance and take the call before it stops ringing.

It's the job. I must go to London to record quick videos for upcoming events.

I sigh, disappointed that I won't be spending that day relaxing as I had planned, and put some skinny trousers and the first comfy jumper I see. I tie my still wet hair in a bun and leave for work.

I get in my car and open my garage door, relieved there are no paps yet in my driveway. I drive slowly while looking for my sunglasses. There are so many, but I want my aviators. They hide more my face and I must look like shit from exhaustion. I feel like I have the worst hangover ever.  The second this meeting is over I come back and get to bed.  I find them and put them on. I buckle my seat belt when something hits my car very hard.  I jump in surprise and immediately think of the worst.  I can't be pictured in this situation.  I need to handle this quickly.  I look outside my window and get shocked at what's just happened.

Oh my God!  I hit someone!  I quickly get out to see the young woman down next to my front tire.  Is she hurt?  Does she need to go to the hospital?  It's my fault, I should have watched where I was going.

"Ouch!" She says obviously dizzy, but with the cutest little voice.  She has a laugh in her voice that calms me down a little.  I don't think she's hurt that bad.

"Hey! Are you OK?" I ask her, leaning in to try to help her sit. I hope she's OK, but from how laid on the sidewalk she is I see that her jeans are a little scratched as well as her elbows and sadly her forehead. Her helmet slid back, it must be too loose. But thank God she was wearing one at all!

She nods and immediately tries to stand up.  What is she trying to do?  I knocked her really bad, she should sit and not stand so soon.  She might have a concussion.

"I think I've hit something..." She lets out, looking around blindly. I can't help but laugh. Yeah she did, that something is my car!

"Are you sure you're OK? Do you need something?" I ask after staring at her a little too long.  She might be physically fine, but maybe it's best to take her to the hospital. 

"I'm hungry... What was that smell?" She responds, clearly coming to her senses. I can't help but smile. Who is this girl? She's been hit by my car and the first thing she talks about is eating. That's interesting.  She's clearly doing fine, or the exact opposite to be asking that.

"It's the Spaniards' Inn. Hey? Do you want to go? I feel terribly sorry, I didn't see you."

"It's OK, don't be! I'm used to it, last week no one could hear me either so..." She responds as I laugh again. Surely this girl has not a lot of luck.