leave.

"Go away." I stared at myself in the mirror, my face blank. I didn't care about anything or anybody right now, which was typical for the way that I lived.

I only cared about Cara. Also typical.

"Why?" She stood behind me, in dark clothing and large, colourful jewelry.

Can't you see they don't care about you! Cara was screaming in my mum's face. It's a good thing nobody can see her. Except for me, of course. It is a shame. She really is beautiful.

"Can't you see I don't care about you?" I smirked at Cara, who was surprised I used her line.

"I just thought I'd pay a little visit. You really should clean up this place. It's a mess." I tensed up at her comment, and Cara wrapped her arms around me, making me relax.

"I live the way I want to..." I frowned.

"Maybe you should change that." She flicked her dark, thick hair over her shoulder.

"Get out," I growled. I could feel Cara radiating worriedness.

"Why?"

"Stop asking why. Just get. The fuck. Out." I was so sick of her. Cara took care of me now, she didn't have to visit me once a year to make sure I was alright.

I was never alright. Really, what did she want from me?

"Don't use that language with me! I'm leaving!" She stomped out of the bathroom and ten seconds later, I heard the front door close. I ran to it and locked it. I didn't want her coming back. I just wanted to live a peaceful and hopefully short life with Cara.

Of course, it would never be peaceful. I'd always want to kill myself. I'd always hate the visits from my mum. I'd always fear the asylum security. I'd always have those bad memories in my mind. And the bad ones, too, which are almost worse.

I fell to the ground and pulled my knees to my chest. Cara sat down gracefully in front of me, her violet eyes concerned. I reached out and began to play with her gray hair. A few minutes later she took my hand and kissed it, and that's when the tears began to fall. I didn't even notice them at first, but I felt them fall onto my neck. Cara reached up to brush the tears away.

"Cara..." I squeezed my eyes shut, forcing more tears to fall. When I opened them, Cara was no longer there.

I just needed moments to myself sometimes, even if I always felt alone.

Cara reappeared.

Do you need to talk? I suppose I did, or else Cara wouldn't have reappeared.

"I've never had anyone. My parents were never there for me since I was twelve. I had no grandparents starting at nine. I only ever had one friend, and she died much too early."

If it helps, the only person I've ever had is you. Cara smiled sadly.

"I know."

Mitch started to play over the speakers, and I genuinely smiled for the first time in weeks.