Chapter 5

A/N: Dedicated to LivvyClare for her amazing review! Thanks!

Chapter Five

While waiting for a clear path, I texted Lucas.

J: Luke, I'm on my way, where are you?

L: Home. Lobby, here with mom. We're waiting, Janelle.

Throughout the whole time I was driving home, I kept thinking, no wishing, to not die. Can't blame me though. I'm terrified!

How could I not be anyways? A missed call from Lucas. Lucas! Lucas FREAKING Avril!

And don't forget about mom, a voice inside me reminded. Mom.

Why, in the whole wild world, would mom even call me? Her date with dad wasn't suppose to finish until tomorrow! Ugh! Having a wild imagination doesn't help me think of a logical way on why they called me. And don't forget about the time! The time intervals between their calls is so short! A few minutes at most! Why??

I pulled up in the basement and quickly ran to the elevator. While in there, I texted to Lucas. Again.

J: Luke, I'm here.

L: Good, get in here, fast. Mom's fuming. So am I.

Wahhhhh!!!! I'm soooo dead! So when I reached my floor, I already prayed to God like, 10 times. Please don't hate me!

I reached the lobby where I hear footsteps in the living room. I took a deep breath and came into their view. I then ranted my apology. Literally.

"Mom! I'm sorry I went out without any one with me but then I wanted to take Amber with me but she's not here! Lucas, Mom I didn't do anything suspicious and I didn't really met someone that I think I-"

"Are you done now?" I risked a peek. I didn't even know that I closed my eyes. Lucas was there, looking bored with a girl I don't know.

"Ahhhm.....Where's mom?" I only asked. I think I know the answer though but I kinda want him to say upstairs or something so I wouldn't be a fool.

Lucas looked at me and grinned."Hawaii."

I knew it! I was fooled!

I sighed angrily and went upstairs. I heard Lucas' questions but I ignored them. The next thing I knew, I was being carried to the living room.

"Lucas, Put me down!" I slapped his back very hard but he didn't even flinch. Almost forgot he's heartless.

He brought me down next to the woman I saw earlier. She smiled at me, I smiled back.

She was pretty, gorgeous even. She had long blonde braided hair and green eyes. A perfect match. She was very pale and had parted lips. Her figure is model - like too. She was wearing a woolen jacket and faded jeans. Her leather boots seems old too. Even with an outfit like this, She can pull it off.

"Good day, Janelle." A british accent! "Good day to you too, Ma'am." I replied.

Lucas snorted and I gave him a glare. "What's with you today?" I asked him. He didn't answer.

He approached the woman and slung an arm around her. "Janelle, This is my girlfriend, Taylor Moore. She's from London, you see. Taylor, my baby sister, Janelle."

She's Taylor, huh? Somehow, she's what you expect a world renowned hockey player would exactly date. But even if Lucas wasn't a famous hockey player, He would still be the heir of Avril Corps and will be a famous person. And they still would be perfect for each other.

"Pleasure meeting your acquaintance, Janelle." Taylor smiled. " I'm Taylor Moore, heiress of Moore Corps and a fashion designer. Wait-pardon me. Never mind those things. I got carried away again. I'm terribly sorry."

I smiled. She was also easy-going. " It's okay. You're THE Taylor Moore of Moore and Plenty fashion line? I have a friend that simply adores your line."

"Do you now? I can't wait to meet this friend of yours." She looked at Lucas and Lucas nodded.

"I'm terribly sorry for how Lucas behaved. He's an idiot, that much I know." We all laughed. She's very humorous too. We'll get along just fine, I know it. "But the very reason called you here is still unknown, correct?"

I nodded. She sighed. "Honestly, Janelle. I want us to bond. Like sisters." I looked taken aback at first. I mean when do you get tricked into coming home just to 'bond' with your brother's girlfriend? Certainly not everyday right?

I cleared throat. Taylor was smiling slightly and Lucas had a poker face. I hate it when he does that.

To clear off their torture, I grinned wildly and answered "I'd love to,Taylor."

Taylor squealed and immediately dragged me back to the basement. Lucas followed.

We reached the basement and walked to the far corner of the basement. There was a silver volvo there and I wondered why I never noticed it earlier. But then, at the time, I was very focused at getting to the lobby. That must be it.

Taylor sat at the driver's seat and Lucas called shotgun but then Taylor shot him a glare and shooed him away. And that's when I was sweetly told to sit beside her.

Lucas wasn't very happy about it but Taylor was his complete opposite. She was such in a good mood she kept humming in the entire drive.

She finally pulled up in front of Ice mountain. Suddenly, I can feel tingles running up and down my body. I want to skate!

But I also want to be a good girl. "Why are we here, Taylor?" I asked. "I'm not allowed in the cold for too long." Even if it means lying for the sake of my parents' beliefs.

Taylor's face fell. I feel guilty. I should trust her, after all I have a feeling she'll be a sister I will never have. But I can't; For now...

"Is - Is that so?" Taylor was nervous. Why?

"Cut the crap, Janelle," Lucas growled. He's mad?

"She knows everything. I told her. You think I picked this venue? Of course she did. Give her some trust on this baby sis."

I blinked. My secrets out, apparently so. "Oh so you're just spreading my secret around? How nice big bro."

"Stop this,both of you," Taylor's deep strict voice shook my brother and me. "If Janelle doesn't like this idea, we go do something. This is for me and Janelle to get to know each other,Lucas. Don't mess it up,"

Taylor gave an almost angry glare to Lucas who, in turn, tried not to flinch and laugh.

Locking my anger in for a moment, I looked at the big picture. And I can see Taylor really tried her best to get close to me. And I'm about to mess it up. How mean of me.

I'll start over then. "Taylor," I called the attention of the lovebirds instead of one "I'd love to go skating with you!" I sounded like a girly girl. And now I'm sounding like Amber.

Lucas sighed with relief and Taylor smiled ear-to-ear. "Let's go then! Te whole rink is waiting!"

Taylor grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to her. "Thank you, Janelle." I looked at those big green eyes and saw a familiarity. Green has never been a favorite color for me but now, because of Taylor, it might just change.

I looked at the snow everywhere. "Let's go, Janelle." I feel a little giddy.

Why not? I'm surrounded by snow. Also, Blue is everywhere!

Skating, here I come!