Chapter 2

Chapter Two

The whole week went by and Winter break came. It was pretty unnecessary since it was cold all year. I guess they were out of their minds. But I was a little happy since Lucas came home....and yet, little was an understatement.

I was ecstatic when I heard that he was coming home. When he is here it means the whole family will be together. For once, a complete family dining and laughing together is seen in the Avril household....it is truly a sight to behold. Just imagining it makes me tingly and excited.

I was at home watching a couple of skating movies. It was pretty boring since I was wasting a perfect Friday evening. I was more than happy when I yanked my phone out of my bag, but then at that time I was desperately trying to answer it so I can watch the movie.

"Hello?" I asked. I was now at the scene where Casey and Teddy were talking and Teddy was giving her flowers.

"Where are you?!" Amber shouted. I sat up and distanced my ear from my phone.

"Did we have any plans, Amber?" I replied. The movie should finish just about any time now.

"Uh NO!" I heard her sigh in disappointment. "Janelle, what day is it?"

"Friday." I answered. She took a while before talking back.

"Janelle! I seriously hate you right now! I mean, where the hell are you?" She asked. " I'm at Hank's house and almost all the students in school are here! I mean even g and b Kelly is here! And the great Ice Queen Janelle isn't?"

I sighed and looked at the clock. It was still a little early...

"Fine, I'm coming over. Meet me at the end of that street." She hung up and I grabbed my bag that I kept in emergencies like this. Only Amber would care about my Richie status. But seriously? Kelly? And what's with her calling me the Ice Queen? I don't deserve to be called like that. Yet.

I did a quick brush on my brown hair and immediately it curled. No use brushing it. I changed into my party suit that Amber bought for me. I then slipped into the black boots that suited it. I looked like a goth. Black all over.

I turned off the tv and the dvd player and grabbed my phone and my coat. I sent a quick text to Fina saying to meet up at the basement. I ran to the elevator and pressed the lobby floor. I ran again to the kitchen and put a note on the fridge saying about hanging out with Amber. I ran again back to the elevator and this time, I pressed the basement floor.

Fina was already there and waiting in the driver seat of her car, I slipped into the open car door and we drove off. "Fina, block 3. Hank's street. Just at the turn please." I instructed her. She said a quick yes and focused at the road.

The road is beautiful, if I say so myself. It was white all over and footsteps were visible on the sidewalks.Then snow was falling slowly and I was delighted. The scenery in my window looked like some scene in a movie. I sighed and continued to stare outside.

We reached the end of the street where Amber, together with Liam and Kimberly, was impatiently looking at her cellphone. Fina honked the car and they looked at us. Fina parked beside them and before I got out, they hopped in.

"What's wrong? I thought we were going to the party?" I asked them. Amber was in front and refuses to look at me. Kimberly was looking outside too, looking like she was thinking something really hard. Only Liam seems the most unsentimental here.

He mouthed the word later and I nodded. "Where to now, Miss?" Fina asked.

"My rest house." Amber replied. Fina nodded and the car was engulfed in silence.