Preface

Dear Diary,

Sometimes I wish I could go back. Sometimes I wish I wasn't this way. Sometimes I want to kill Hanson for doing this to me. Actually, that feeling comes more often than just "sometimes". I hate him for taking away my life. I hate him for making me a vampire. But at the same time, I'm grateful.

He gave me a second chance. A time to make things right. I could help the people I hurt. I could feel things in my vampire body that had been so hard to experience as a human. Love and pain. Things I tried so hard to hold back as a human.

But even in my vampire body, I've made mistakes. I've hurt people. I've said things and I've done things that I'm not proud of. I guess vampires don't lose all their humanity. We can still feel, maybe even more than we could as humans.

Being a vampire isn't all bad. It's by no mean easy, but there are the good parts.

Watching the sunrise in the mornings. Having all the time you've ever needed to do anything you want. Drinking and not getting a hangover the next morning. Being able to compel people into giving you free things. Getting to spend the rest of your life with someone if you found the right person.

Most of that comes with being a normal vampire, though. Things are different when you're different. It's not the same when you're an Unnatural.

i