Chapter 1

Hi~ This is my first story on wattpad, so please go easy on me!

I know it's not much, but I promise things will get more interesting!

And I would appreciate some comments on how I can improve.

Thanks!

William

"Hey man! Heard the news, sorry about you and Giselle." Aaron greeted me with a hearty thump on the back as he sat heavily on the stone bench beside me. Gah! As if I need any of their sympathy! I was the one who dumped Giselle, not the other way round! I saw Aaron and the gang staring at me, mouths gaping wide. Oops, had I said that out loud?

"Erm, actually bro, it WAS the other way round, remember? Re-mem-ber?" Zack broke down the syllables, enunciating each clearly. He added the emphasis as he prodded my head with each syllable, hard. I slapped his hand away, and massaged the throbbing spot irritably.

"Can't you guys just leave me alone?" I complained bitterly, "Go chase after girls, shoot a few hoops; skateboard; homework; whatever, just leave me alone!" I threw my hands up, shouting in exasperation.

"Woah, chill buddy," Rex patted me on the head - I suspected - just like how he did with his dogs. Rex's name said everything about him. At 6'6, he towered over everyone in school, 200 pounds of pure unadulterated muscle, coiling beneath the surface, waiting for it's power to be unleashed.

Teddy also gave his ten cents around the chocolate puff he was devouring. Which was a surprise, as he almost never speaks, given that his mouth was always filled to the brim with food. "You should have dropped her like a hot potato when you had the chance, Will. Get it? Hot potato! Hahahah - " he chuckled at his lousy joke, but stopped abruptly, his eyes bulging as he convulsed.

One moment, no one was laughing at his joke, staring at him wondering if the years of stuffing his face had finally pushed him over the edge. The next thing we knew, he was choked on the chocolate puff out of the many he had gorged down. He was cured soon enough, when Rex gave him a giant thump on the back. The half digested chocolate puff flew out of his mouth and landed in the dust, merely an inch away from Aaron's feet, whom leaped out of the way.

But it was Teddy's face that did the work. Laughter erupted in the group as he eyed the miserable slobby globule with an expression of one can only say, misery. Even I had to crack a smile at that one. It was due to the raucousness of our group that I failed to notice the person walking towards us.

Soft pink lips, long legs and a very impressive figure. Giselle strutted towards our group, her arms around the neck of Tribecca's varsity football captain. Not that they noticed we were here anyway, as passionate a liplock they were engaged in. I almost thought that Giselle and who-is-it did not notice us when Giselle broke away from the embrace and affixed me with a stare deep into my soul. That was when I realised that the entire show was put up to gauge a reaction from me. She must have been satisfied by what she saw in my eyes, for a little smirk tugged at the corners of her heavily rouged perfect lips.

"Oh look what we have here." she commented lightly. "Let's go Josh," So his name is Josh. "where we don't have an audience." Josh just blinked dazedly at her, he looked around, and slowly realised for the first time, that he had a whole group of spectators watching him. His blank gaze swept around our group once, as if trying to identify the faces and only recognising mine. "Hey Will." he greeted me, to which I acknowledged with a cold nod in his direction. "Oh hi Will! I didn't see you there! Guess I was just too intrigued by Josh here, isn't he the most charming?" she inquired innocently with a fake bright tone. Then she swept back her cascade of jet black hair, pulling that dim-wit along with her, but not without a shooting back self satisfied grin at me.