Into the Arena

Guys, I have another story stuck in my head. I may start it now just to get the idea down, then finish it once I'm done with The Mating Tournament. Please tell me what you think, and if it's even worth continuing.

Not edited

******************************

Prologue

I saw white. All I could see was white. White, and cold, and brightness all whipping passed my face at lightning speed.

Trees zoomed by me and my feet sprinted on the ground and the only thing to be heard was the thumping of my heart, sporadically beating in my chest. Trying to escape. But from what? What was I running from?

"Come now, Paige. Stop with this nonsense! Come here." I ignored the voice and kept running. This was difficult, however. I could feel the command in his words, and my wolf struggled to stay in the recesses of my mind so we would not obey the Alpha's command.

My speed grew faster and faster as I ran higher up the slope of the snow blanketed forest ground. I could hear him coming now, slowly gaining on me as my energy levels declined.

I head him speed up, heard the hardly labored sounds of his breathing, while I was inhaling and exhaling like a racehorse.

His breath was on my neck, so close I swore he might have been right there, behind me.

"Stop now, wildcat. Or I'll be forced to stop you myself." I head the threat in his words, but I kept going. I knew what life in would lead if I stopped, in knew what happened to my older sister.

I saw the exit of the arena, I saw the doors opening, I saw the crowds of people off in the distance. I saw my way out.

Ten more strides and I would be free.

Nine more.

Eight.

Seven.

I could hear my fathers cries cheering me on, my sisters, my friends. I sprinted as hard as I could.

Six.

Five.

Four.

"Not so fast, wildcat." I heard right beside me.

Three.

I looked to my right and saw his tan face beside mine.

Two.

"Game Over."

He lunged.