Chapter 4- Burned (Edited)

Edited 05/10/2017

By the time I reached the castle I was huffing and coughing from lack of breath. The guards gave me strange looks as they took in my dirty attire of a sleeping gown and a robe. I ignored them.

Once I was within the castle walls and safe from my kidnapper, I took a moment to catch my breath. What should I do?  I thought to myself. I should go to the king straight away and tell him all about the mystery man and his intentions. 

Although, I should probably change out of my sleeping gown first. 

I headed up to my room while avoiding the gazes of the many people roaming the castle. I quickly shut my bedchamber door and let out a relieved sigh. The people out there probably thought I was insane, and that I had a questionable fashion sense.

"Lady Price!" Melodey shouted from the corner of the room and ran over to me. She enveloped me in a tight hug. 

"Melodey! You'd never believe what happened to me!" I spoke with relief. 

"I was so worried about you! I thought you had been kidnapped right from your bed." Melodey narrowed her eyes at me. 

Did she think I just went for a morning stroll in my sleeping gown?

"But Melodey! That's exactly what happened! After you left my bedchamber last night, I realized I was hungry. I went downstairs to fetch a snack from the kitchen and I bumped into an intruder!" I quickly explained. 

I walked over to my wardrobe and threw off my robe. I glanced over at Melodey waiting for her reaction. 

"Miss, you were actually kidnapped!? You must go tell the king everything that happened at once!" Melodey hurried to my side and started to push me towards the door. 

"Melodey. I just spent the night in a dirty cabin with a dirt floor. I will get changed and clean myself up, then I will explain  to the king everything that happened." I pulled her arm of me. 

"Of course, miss. Let me draw you a bath." Melodey hushed and hurried to the other side of the room to get my bath ready. 

I flopped down on my bed with a sigh. I wrapped myself in my clean and good smelling sheeting, thankful to be back in a safe place. I dozed off for a moment, and was awoken by Melodey. 

"Your bath is ready." She gave a bow and let herself out of the room. 

I stripped down and sunk into the hot water. My aching back and sore ankle felt nice in the comfort of the heat. 

I picked up the bar of soap and a cloth. I washed away the layer of dirt and sweat that had built up on my skin from the morning's events. 

When I was finished I let my arms drop to my sides and closed my eyes. What was I going to tell the king? That the most handsome man I had ever seen had kidnapped me when I mistook a spare room for the kitchen? 

I shook my head at myself. That was not what I was going to say. 

I was off deep in thought when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned my head and saw just the person I had been thinking about. I opened my mouth to scream, but his hand went over my mouth before any sound could escape. 

"I cannot tell you how relieved I am that you did not run to the king the moment you walked in the castle walls." My kidnapper let out a chuckle in my ear. 

I quickly lifted my hands to strike out at him, but his free arm grabbed my hands. I let out a muffled scream. I was not going to let this bastard kidnap me again!