Chapter 3- Burned (edited)

Edited 5/7/17. I am changing up parts of the plot to make the story have a bit more depth. The meeting of Ashlyn and Jace is going to be a very different one than before!

Chapter 3

A blackness took over my senses and I fell into a deep sleep, but before sleep took me I was aware of strong arms carrying me down the corridor.

                            ~!~

I woke up with the sun shining delicately on my face. I smiled and pulled my covers up closer to me. 

My eyes shot open as I realized I was not in my bed. I shot up, but instantly regretted it. My head was pounding. I held my head with one hand and peered around the small room that I was in. The floors were dirt and the only furniture in the room was the filthy cot I was laying in and a small desk on the other side of the room. 

I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the closed door. I door swung open and in came a strikingly handsome young man. 

He had bright green eyes and golden hair that fell in curls around his forehead. This man could quite possibly be the most handsome man I have ever seen. 

"Get up. Now." He barked at me. 

Strike that. Not even a man that handsome can talk to me like that.

"How dare you! Who the hell are you? Why the hell did you kidnap me?" I yelled furiously at the stranger and stood up. 

My strength failed me and my knees gave out. The soreness in my ankle persisted. I had barely eaten anything yesterday and I could feel thirst tearing at my throat. 

"Who am I? Who are YOU?! All I had to do was slip in, retrieve the documents, and slip out! You had to come along and see me! This is all your own fault." He shook his head and crossed his arms. His muscles bulging with the action

"I was just looking for the God Foresaken kitchen! I don't give a damn about who you are or what your "plans" were." I scowled up at my kidnapper from the floor of the dingy dirt room.

"My father is going to have my head! He already trusts my brother more than I and now I'm going to have to show up at his doorstep with you?" He massaged his temples with his fingers as if he had a massive headache. 

"You will not be showing up anywhere with me. You are going to let me go." I demanded. 

"Let you go? That's hilarious. I can't let you go even if I wanted to. You've seen me. You'd just run back to the castle and tell the King everything." He laughed and walked over to the little desk. 

He pulled out a thick string of rope.  

"What the hell do you think you're doing with that?" I questioned and pulled my hands into fists as he stepped closer to me. 

"Well obviously you are not going to make this easy for me." He stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "We need to get going. It's going to be light out soon and I need to move in the cover of darkness." 

He grabbed my arm and pulled me up. Did he really think I wasn't going to put up a fight? 

I swung out with the hand that he did not have and knocked him on the side of the head. He was dazed for a moment, so I took the opportunity to run. 

I ran out of the dingy dirt home as fast as I could on my sprained ankle, hoping my blow would halt him for enough time. 

I whipped my head around looking for some sort of recognition of where I was. I looked down a small alleyway and the market was only a block away. I could make it back to the castle! I darted down the alley and through the streets with urgency. I must have looked crazy to any onlooker, in my robe and slippers running around the streets of Althea. 

I kept looking behind me to see if the golden haired man was following me. I caught sight of him once, but I was able to disappear into the crowd. 

I know this is really short, I apologize. With editing these chapters I am trying not to change the plot too much and that requires me to cut it off in awkward places.