One (Revised)

The black 2005 Honda Accord swerved around the corner as a girl with a purple jacket crossed the street.

Lucy swung her head to the right, dropping her book bag on the hard concrete below. She bent her whole body down to pick it up, and looked up, noticing the speeding object. She sprinted as fast as she could away from it.

She was too late.

The Honda slammed into her body, shattering her bones in a heartbeat. The driver sped along as he turned past another corner, the tires screeching and leaving a trail of blood. A hundred kids gathered around in a circle, their teachers trying to keep them calm. One sophomore of another school named Isaac Crowley pushed people aside as he rushed over to Lucy, hunching his body down and placing his hand on her wrist. Three teachers approached the scene and the kids spread apart, leaving-

Dead.

Isaac realized it just as soon as the teachers pushed him aside. His best friend, his life, his soul, ended in an instant as Lucy began to go cold, her soul leaving her body. He reached into her pocket and pulled out her lucky charm, and held it tightly in his hand as tears began to well in his eyes. He clenched his fists in both anger and desperation as he was pulled away from her, and he knew that this was the last time that he could see her. He caught one last glance of her, then-

Isaac woke up in a cold sweat, tears streaming down his face. He sat up and glanced at his clock. It was 7:00 A.M. He climbed out of bed, getting dressed in his favorite outfit-a red shirt and some average, boring blue jeans. He slid to the kitchen with his socks and grabbed a box of cereal, along with a bowl, filling it to a brim. He poured in some milk and nervously ate his breakfast, recapping the events of the dream.

I walked to the bus stop and saw Lucy drop her book bag. A car swerved around the corner. There was no time to scream as she got run over and the car sped away. I leaned over her.

He decided to leave it at that as he finished his cereal bowl and rinsed out the remaining bran flakes. He swung his backpack over his shoulder, walked out the front door, and headed to his bus stop, which was conveniently located beside another school. That was his favorite part of the day, mainly because he got to talk to his friends. But there's one person in particular that he wanted to talk to today: Lucy. He headed up the hill and took a left. He walked a bit further, but was stopped dead in his tracks.

The same Honda Accord as he had saw in his dream sped along at sixty miles an hour, and Isaac ran around the corner to the school. The ever-growing danger of what happened in his dream built up in real life, and he turned just in time to see Lucy drop her book bag, but she wasn't on the street. She was standing on the sidewalk, chatting with a few of her and his friends. The car zoomed past Lucy and drove straight over a puddle, drenching him with dirty rainwater. He shook a bit off and walked further, waving to Lucy and her friends.

"Yo, what's up?" He shouted, and they waved back. Lucy approached him and scanned him up and down, finally saying, "That car got you drenched. Sorry 'bout that... he he." Isaac returned her remark with another laugh and sat down on the grass beside the school.

Hurlhurst Elementary School was a large, old building made of crumbling bricks and clay. While the bricks were abundant, they were strictly for decoration. In the instance of an earthquake, all of the bricks would fall off the building, stripping it down to bare wood. Even not counting the bricks, the school didn't have a strong structure. It could've easily burned down, or even have been flooded in the instance of heavy rain. Luckily, it didn't rain much in Phoenix, Arizona. In fact, water could be hard to come across sometimes.

Isaac glanced at his other friends and invited them to sit around him, gesturing with his hand to the grass next to him and Lucy. "Come along, all and mighty, for I have a story to tell," he proclaimed as everyone sat down, now just a little bit inquisitive about what he had to say. "I had the craziest dream earlier this morning," he began as he described every detail about the dream. While he was available to joke around about it, it still seemed a little bit eerie to him that he had saw the same black Honda earlier.