Chapter Fifteen: Unexpected Rescue And Friends

Obviously the clown did not like his joke. Dick sighed, squirming a bit in his restraints, which the joker oh so kindly provided. Along with a good length of duct tape across his mouth. Richard inwardly sighed, the high he felt soon fading away, of course not before the Joker got a few punches of his own in. The boy already felt the bruises begin to form and the cuts begin to itch as they clotted up.

The Joker paced the floor unhappily. "We left the ransom note, How long does it take for a reply?! The inconsideration."

Robin would have laughed if not for the duct tape. Any time now, Batman would come and beat the crap out of this clown, and he will absolutely relish it.

Well, apparently Bruce didn't get the memo, because instead of the Dark Knight crashing through the window he got..

Wally...

Dick rose an eyebrow as the speedster rushed over. "Hey kid, heard you were in trouble. No worries! We are here to help!"

We? Oh god no...not more YJ Members! Robin squirmed a bit, feeling humiliated. Sure, they didn't know that he was actually Robin, but it still was a mental slap to the face. Apparently Bruce had more important matters to attend to then saving his own ward. Totally not feeling the aster here.

"Don't run ahead Kid Idiot!" Artemis ran in, checking her surroundings quickly for danger.

"What more brats!?" The Joker looked over just in time to have his face bashed in by a steel support beam, compliments of SuperBoy.

Aqualad came up from behind, cutting the ropes that held the boy's wrists together. "Get out while you still can, we will take it from here."

Robin rolled his eyes slightly, a bit annoyed knowing he had to keep up this victim act. "There are others, I'm scared!" The boy gushed out the dramatics, trying to act like a civilian while still trying to warn the others that there was more than just the Joker. "The clown's girlfriend will be back any second!"

The team frowned, looking at the boy, understanding that meant the Joker had allies with him, nodding to themselves. The only problem with not being Robin right now was the that he was not included in the telepathic cell connection the teens were yapping over right now.

Connor grabbed Robin and tossed him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Without saying a word, he left the building, leaving the other YJ members to fight.

"Hey! Valuable merchandise you are just throwing around! I'm Injured!" Robin really wanted to watch the fight, but it would be far too 'dangerous' for him to be even in the area.

--------------

"So are you going to stare at me all day, muscles?" Dick huffed, crossing his arms. This had to be the second most awkward thirty minutes of his life. The drive this morning being the first.

Connor just stared at him, crossing his arms and saying nothing.

"Oh hi there wall, I see that you are doing well, how's the kids?" Dick turned facing a wall.

Connor rose an eyebrow, finally speaking. "Who are you talking to?"

"The wall. It talks just as much as you but at least doesn't glare at me."

"I am protecting you" Connor's voice grew tense, obviously becoming agitated with the the billionaire's ward. If only he knew that the boy in front of him can most definitely handle himself in a fight.

"Well can you at least protect me sitting down?" The boy smiled,knowing very well that he was getting under the young Kryptonian's skin.

The Super teen sat down next to the boy, frowning a bit. "You seem awfully calm for just being kidnapped by known supervillians."

Robin gave a small shrug "It happens all the time. Just one of the things you have to get used to when your adoptive father is powerful and wealthy. Not that they can really use me for anything, he does not seem to care that I got kidnapped."

"I know the feeling...A father figure not seeming to care."

Robin almost did an imaginary spit take. Since when was he Dr. Phil!? "Uh...I'm sure he has reasons?" Like saving the world for example.

"And you do not think that your father does not have reasons?" Connor frowned.

Well Robin was just out-physiatrist by the boy who spent most of his life in a tube. "I guess..I guess you are right..." Bruce probably had a whole lot of other things he needed to do, and Robin could not say that the hero wasn't trying. He did try to speak with him this morning. Failed, but at least tried. "Well I guess this puts up in the same boat." Robin slowly extended his hand, giving a small smile. "The name is Richard by the way, but everyone calls me Dick."

Superboy took his hand and shook it, seeing to consider the words that were spoken. "Does this make us...Friends?"

Robin grinned, sure Superboy disliked Robin , but he never said he hated Richard. "Obviously. Hey, when are your buddies showing up? It has been awhile, shouldn't you be fighting with them?"

"They can handle themselves, they contacted the League and are cleaning up. They will be on their way soon" Connor Replied

"Sooooo, what's it like?" Robin gushed, trying to act as innocent as he possibly could "Being a superhero and all! I bet you know all kinds of cool people!"

"I fight and the people around me fight along side me." Was all Connor said.

"Well that sounds boring." The teen pouted a bit before leaning against the Kryptonian. "Well if you ever get tired of fighting, just come around here and we can hang."Connor actually smiled. Did the joker punch his head too hard or did Superboy actually smile. "You should do that more often."

And there the smile went, replaced with confusion. "What."

The boy rolled his eyes and punched Connor's, arm slightly. "Smile! You should smile more!"