Chapter Six : Killer

M'gann quickly went out of camo mode and rushed over to Robin without thinking. "Robin you are in danger!"

Robin frowned a bit as if trying to figure out when she had gotten there but then he quickly turned to Dove. "Get out of here now. It is not safe."

Dove looked desperate "Robin. It is not safe for you either!" Dove grabbed his arm, but the teen quickly pulled away. "Robin PLEASE!" she begged him, trying once again to grab him but to no prevail.

Robin looked up to M'gann before swiftly getting under Dove and punching her in her stomach, the women soon draping over his shoulder. "I do not have time to explain to you Bluebird that I know you didn't come here to be part of this circus." His words were cold and it made M'gann flinch. This was not the chipper boy she had known for the past week, it was the voice of a cold hearted killer. "Get Dove to safety, civilians should not be involved. Tell the rest of your friends to keep my family safe, remember that family looks after one another. And like it or not, you are family now. I will lead them away." Robin handed the unconscious Dove to M'gann.

"Robin I--" But the boy was already gone.

Robin is planning to lead the assassins away! They are after him! M'gann cried out

Why would he do that? He is one of them isn't he? Superboy asked

M'gann looked at Dove, tears threatening to overflow. He is doing it for them. He is sacrificing himself to save his family.

M'gann, Get back to the tent, we need to regroup and come up with a plan. There are in total eight assassins. Wally said they left the border and they are on their way to Gotham. We need to contact the league. This is far out of our expertise. Kaldur ordered

M'gann flew to the tent, Dove still in her arms. We need to help. Robin is out there.

------------------------------------

I just notified the league they will be here soon-- Roy started but there was an explosion near the outskirts of the circus, that jolted everyone into attention.

M'gann had rested Dove in the safety of their tent before, changing into her normal Miss Martian form. "Don't worry dove, we will make sure Robin is safe." She looked at Kaldur and Wally. "Those deaths were league members, not what the League's information has told. Robin is just defending himself! I am not going to wait here, while he dies to keep us safe." Her voice was distressed. "He called us Family. He knows we were not what we said and he still said we are family, we can't.."

"M'gann calm down..We have to wait for--"

"There is no need to worry Bluebird." A raspy voice called from behind, causing the team to jump once again and turn to face a severely banged up Robin. The boy smirked a bit before walking over. " It seems you all belong to a different nest...I knew there was something off about you.." The boy coughed and grimaced before collapsing into a hammock.

"What about those assassins? There were eight of them you couldn't possibly--"

"I only killed three of them. The other five ran away. Cowards." The boy managed a weak laugh. "The League of shadows ain't training them like they used to I suppose."

the entire team froze, their minds swirling with questions. Robin really was the assassin?

Kaldur stepped forward "Why were they after you if you are one of their own?" His tone serious and cold

"Uh, no. I used to be one of them." The boy replied, sitting up with a grin. "I was unaware we were playing a game of twenty-one questions. I would would have changed into my pajamas so we could gossip and braid each others hair." The boy, injured as he was, was still making cracks.

"Watch it." Connor scowled, wanting to actually punch the boy for not taking this as serious as the rest of them were.

"Whoa calm down there." The boy grinned. "Are all you Young Justice kids so tense? So not traught."

The team's eyes widened and exchanged looks before Kaldur responded. "You knew who we were, yet you let us join."

"Now that you mention it, he made comment of it when we were in the main tent.." M'gann added, A look of confusion on her face.

"Please, I used to be the best assassin the league had to offer, you think I would not do a quick check before I let you even close to me?...Let's see... Kid flash, Red arrow--well previously speedy, Aqualad, Artemis, Miss Martian, and Superboy. Yep the whole gang is here but 'why' is the question."

"To investigate the killings that followed your Circus." Roy replied.

"Those deaths were strictly Shadows. I was defending myself. Let me guess though. You were told they were innocents right?" The teen scoffed. "They make me look like a villain so the Justice League would take interest. What cheaters."

"You still killed them though! We don't kill people!" Wally accused.

"I will not deny that. But what is a few shadows? You act like I killed a whole bunch of innocents." The boy glared " I do not regret the decisions I made."

"I don't understand." M'gann whispered " Why are you trying so hard to get us to hate you."

Robin frowned and Wally cut in "Well he does not have to try that hard! This man is a killer!"

"One who risked his life to protect his family, Including us! " M'gann looked at Robin with desperate eyes "You called us family remember?"

"I don't" The boy said cooly. "You think these people are actually Family? Do you think I actually care what happens to them? The only reason I lead them away is so people would not get in the way when I slit the assassins' throats."

"You're lying! Why did you ask me to protect dove then!" M'gann was growing angry at the teen's cold expression that didn't flinch once when her tone intensified.

"M'gann. Calm down, he is trying to provoke you." Kaldur went to take a step forward, but then the young Martian did something the team never expected, she punched robin in the face.

The teen smirked a bit, spitting up some blood "Is that all you got?"

The Martian was about to take another hit before the tent flaps opened. "Miss Martian that is enough." A deep voice ordered , and the team looked up to see Batman himself.

M'gann stepped aside, feeling ashamed for her actions and the young team's mentors showed up next to Batman."We are here to take him to Mount Justice to interrogate the boy. I suggest you take this time to calm yourselves down before heading back."

M'gann deadpanned, staring down at her feet, managing only a small nod.

Robin looked up at Batman, surprisingly wearing a smile that threatened to split his face in half. "Wow I really get the royal treatment huh? You really all needed to come here to escort me outta here? I am flattered." The boy mocked as Batman handcuffed him and lead him out of the tent, Winking at the young team as we went out. "See you soon! I'll ask them to have some cookies ready by the time you arrive."

The team scowled at how calm the boy was in the presence of such strong figures. It even unsettled The Justice league as they carried him off.

Who exactly was this boy called Robin?

----------------

A/N

Sooooooooooo What do you think? Robin is finally brought in for questioning. I am sure he will be cooperative. Not. Prepare for some sassy Robin.

Remember to vote!

And be sure to choose a location from the last chapter! It would help a Lot!

-Ringleader_Robin