Chapter Five- IT- Kinda Part Two

A sort-of part two of Chapter Five- It

ʢ Liam’s POV ʡ

I gasped as the dog hybrid in front of Zayn collapsed to the ground, whining in pain.

Zayn whimpered as well, but stayed standing, deep, shuddering breaths racking through his body as he seemed to almost… change forms.

Fur began to bush out along his head, hands and feet, something equivalent to the snapping of bones snipping through the air, coming from both of the boys on the ground.

The other hybrid stood up, growling. Zayn returned it with what sounded like a mix between a hiss and a growl.

The dog hybrid suddenly leapt towards us, but Zayn jumped at the same time, intercepting the blow. I could’ve sworn I saw five long claws glinting in the moonlight off of Zayn’s hand.

We were suddenly plunged back into darkness as the moon went behind a cloud, cloaking us in straight darkness.

I could see a soft glow, two actually, not far from us. When the glow straightened towards us, I realized the glow were eyes. Dark blue eyes.

A green glow accompanied the blue ones, but the green one seemed to be attacking the blue. I thought back to when I’d seen Zayn in the window, his eyes a bright green, brighter than Harry’s. That must be Zayn!

A yelp startled me from my thoughts as the blue-eyed hybrid raced from the clearing. Zayn stood at the edge for a moment before chasing him, leaving us vulnerable and alone.

A moment later, the moon shone again, lighting up the clearing and enabling me to see Zayn slowly creeping towards us, his eyes their normal golden-brown.

“Zayn?” I called, fighting the urge to pat my leg.

He glanced up, fear flashing in his eyes before he darted towards me, stopping and standing quietly, his head down and ears back, his hands nervously fiddling with his tail.

“Zay-” he flinched violently as Niall gently placed a hand on his shoulder. Did Zayn think we were going to hit him? Didn’t he realize that we’d never hurt him? Louis wouldn’t, even. While not particularly fond of hybrids, he hated seeing anyone suffer. Therefore, he bought scared, abused hybrids and sold them to new owners after they became less… scared, I guess.

I didn’t know why I thought Zayn was any different.

“Zayn,” I called lightly, my voice hinting for him to look up. After a second of hesitation, he slowly glanced up, his gaze refusing to meet mine. Another moment later, he finally glanced at me, nervously holding my gaze. “You’re not in trouble. I want to know what the hell happened, but you’re safe with us, I promise.”

I knew Zayn was listening, because after a moment, his ears slowly peeked out from his newly-cut hair, exposing themselves to the chilly night air.

“Let’s head in, shall we?” Harry asked, speaking for the first time since we’d seen the other hybrid.

Niall and I nodded while Zayn lightly shrugged, clearly not bothered by the cold air.

Instead of saying anything, he stepped forward and gently leaned against Harry, sharing his warmth.

“Jesus Christ, Zayn! You’re like a heater!” Niall exclaimed, clearly amused.

I laughed, shooing them towards the house again.

As we left the clearing, I caught a glimpse of something bright shining against Zayn’s shoulder.

Blood.