Sunlight Chapter One: The Nascent

Hello there, my readers! I hope you enjoy this :) Please read on. I'll really appreciate it.

Just, please. This is my very first try in writing a novel and the idea just came to me..so please check out how it is.

Thanks for reading! Vote if you like, or fan, if you love! Thanks guys!

THIS CHAPTER IS EDITED. 09.24.11

=====================================================================

Jenna

I never believed in fairytales. I never believed in ghosts or vampires, either.

But now, I'm not so sure anymore considering all the things that happened to me recently. But first, I think I must tell you that my story doesn't involve vampires, werewolves--and the like--in any way. 

It all started last month, the first night of school. Yes, night.  I was included in night class since my parents couldn’t afford the tuition fee for regular classes. My dad didn't really have a permanent job--right now he's working as a grocery cashier. My mom, on the other hand, left me when I was just around, maybe three years old. And even now, I still don't know why.

Our teacher was not there yet so we got the chance to get to know each other especially the new kids, and catch up with our friends. It's been quite a long vacation. Nah, I was just messing with you. It has been short, as usual. School starts once again...

“He’s hot!” I heard one of my friends say. 

"Oh my gosh, you're right!" said another classmate of mine.

“Jenna, look he’s coming, he’s coming!” Annaleigh, my best friend said.

Though I was not really interested in seeing that "hot, new classmate" of ours, I just did it anyway to satisfy Leigh. She has always been the more talkative one out of the two of us.

He was walking towards the crowd, no, our group. 

I looked at him and started studying his features. He had light brunette hair, which was cut in a very simple boyish way. His skin was tan and yellowish, but it's not the jaundice type; it’s actually unique in an absolutely good way. His eyes were quite gold and yellowish, too. I can't really express it in words. And he looked fit, might I add. Oh, I asked myself, what am I doing? I'm wasting my time checking this dude out.

“Hello. My name’s Ray. Raiden Night. You’re Jenna, right?” an unfamiliar but soft voice said behind me. My friends swooned.

“Um, yes.” I replied. It was all I could say. I was wondering why I was the one he approached first. Me, Jenna Carsyn Matthews, who was just a simple, quiet, white brunnete girl. Why? I, myself, didn't know. 

Finally, when I was in the correct state of mind, I offered my hand to shake his. But unexpectedly, he declined. Politely, though.

"Oh, I'm sorry." he said as he put his hands inside the front pockets of his black jeans.

Now that was somewhat embarrassing. And awkward. Leigh looked at me, as if saying, "What the?" 

"Hey Guys." he finally said to the others. 

"Hi!" my friends said as they introduced themselves to him one at a time.

So I'll just put it this way, my friends were right, he’s hot! But kind, I didn't know. Who was he to decline an offered handshake of mine? Not only that, who was he to embarrass me in front of my friends even?

A lot of questions started to surround my mind.

"I think I gotta go, goodbye guys!" he said.

He was just so mysterious...

"See you around, Jenna." He said to me as he sat on his chosen chair inside the classroom.

Soon enough, my friends came over to where I was and started giggling and talking about him. I was in such deep thinking that I didn't get to listen fully to what they were saying.

And as I stood there, I saw Ray once again, looking behind me, his lips curved up into an amused, but sincere-looking smile.