Chapter 6

Author's Note: Finally, a new chapter! I was at marching band practice for eight hours a day every day this week, including today, so I had virtually no time to write! But I stayed awake late finishing this chapter for you guys! I hope you like it. Please comment and vote and all that good stuff! Luv ya!

-Kat

P.S. Happy MCR Day! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Alkalkine Insanity*

Light streamed into the tiny storage room from the window that was high up on the back wall. I blinked and stretched, realizing that I was still in Ghoul’s arms. He was sound asleep, so I snuggled closer to him, placing my head on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat and closed my eyes contentedly, never wanting this moment to be over.

The door to the storage room was slightly ajar, and I began to hear soft voices out in the front room. Realizing that my current position in Ghoul’s arms might be a little suggestive if they were to come in, I slowly crept out of Ghoul’s grasp and sat back in the chair, careful not to wake him. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall, pretending to be asleep.

I sighed. I really did love Ghoul. I wished he could see that.

The voices outside grew louder as they approached the door. I had been smart to move; I’d saved myself some embarrassment.

“I checked outside, she wasn’t there.” I heard Kobra say worriedly.

“Well then where the hell-“ I heard Jet ask, but he stopped, poking his head in the door. “Never mind, I found her.”

                I decided there was no point in keeping up the sleeping charade, so I slowly opened my eyes and yawned, turning to face Jet and Kobra, who were now both poking their heads into the room.

                “Good morning guys.” I whispered softly, standing up from the chair and stretching. They smiled back at me sheepishly, and I was starting to get confused.

                “What?” I asked, wondering why they were acting weird.

                “We didn’t mean to leave outside last night…sorry.” Kobra said, rubbing the back of his neck. “We kinda forgot you were out there, but when I remembered this morning, I rushed out…anyways, I guess you’re okay. That’s good.”

                “Yep.” I replied, smiling. “Don’t worry about it.” I patted his arm. I was in too good a mood to let it bother me.

                I followed them out of the storage room and into the main diner. Kobra grabbed an extra mug off the counter and handed it to me. I grabbed the coffee pot and poured myself a cup, and sat down in a booth next to Jet, with Kobra across from me. We sat in silence, and I stared down at my mug of coffee, taking an occasional sip. As the sun climbed higher in the sky, I continued to sit there while Jet and Kobra moved on to different things. Jet was now plucking the strings of an old guitar across the room and Kobra was reading a book.

                All of a sudden, I heard a thump come from the sleeping quarters and watched as Poison stumbled out sleepily, his crayon-red hair in a disarray around his face. He rubbed his eyes and yawned, reaching immediately for the coffee pot and a clean cup. I winced slightly as he glanced over at me, afraid of what he might do. Last I spoke to him he was furious with me.

                An ashamed look crossed his face and he walked over to the booth to sit across from me. He set his mug down and sighed.