[ chapter fourteen ]

Dedicated to omg_poptarts for putting up with my inability to keep up a conversation :]

Ermahgawd this chapter sucks balls, but I updated! Please don't kill me

======

Chapter Fourteen           

            To put it simply, Brandon was concerned about our complete lack of navigational skills. If it was possible, he was more anxious to get to his campus than Austin was to get to California, but at least he wasn’t grouchy about it. Actually, he was nice enough to help us get there. Even with several stops and detours, we still made it down to Brandon’s dorm room in less than two hours.

            “Ooh! Turn here,” Brandon directed excitedly. His eyes were pulsating with excitement. He was a completely different person from the grouch we were talking to this morning at Dunkin’ Donuts.

            On the other hand, Austin was growing more and more sour by the minute. Although he wasn’t voicing his displeasure, every time in I looked in the mirror, I saw him scrunching his face the way he did when he was upset. For what it’s worth, I left him alone.

            “There it is! The one with the ivy!” Brandon bounced up and down in his seat excitedly.

            “It’s beautiful,” I murmured. The building that Brandon was so enthralled about wasn’t simply sprinkled with ivy; rather, it was completely covered in the stuff. Every square inch of the façade was either laced in green leaves or flaunting a soft, eroded brick. It was never something I would’ve expected a drunkard to be so proud of; it was far too classy for that.

            Of course, unless Brandon’s dorm building just happened to be the world’s classiest looking frat building. “Please tell me you’re not a frat boy,” I whispered.

            Brandon chuckled. “You’ll just have to wait and see.”

            I was still holding my breath when we pulled up to the curb. The building, thankfully, lacked the tall, Grecian columns that were such a signature touch to the stereotypical frat building. I couldn’t simply count on that fact though. Brandon, so far, could quite possibly be one of the most unpredictable people I’ve ever met.

            Outside of the building, two men, one clean-shaved brunette, one with slightly darker hair and tattoos, both shirtless, were tossing a football back and forth. They looked at me with confusion, but their faces immediately lit up when they saw Brandon. They immediately put the football down and rushed to Brandon’s side.

            “Hey, man. How was Pittsburgh?” the brunette asked. He looked at me but didn’t say anything.

            “Okay, I guess,” Brandon replied.

            “Where’s Hannah?” the tattooed one inquired.

            “I’ll tell you when we go in.” He gestured towards me before turning to his friends. “Thom, Jason, this is Sam. The guy in the back is Austin. Sam, Austin, these are my roommates, Thom and Jason.”

            The brunette smiled cheerfully. “’Sup? I’m Thom.”

            The darker haired one simply raised his hand and nodded. “Jason.”

            “Sam.”

            We all waited for Austin to say something, but he just sat in the back and silently acknowledged everyone. At this point, I wanted to slap him for being such an anti-social prick.