CHAPTER 15

An hour had passed when the effects from the pills kicked in. It took all of Sherlock's will not to curl up, any movement sending ripples of crippling nausea radiating through his trembling body.

His eyes involuntarily darted everywhere but the things he tried to focus on, and every sound his ears picked up was accompanied by a high-pitched buzz. Sherlock had always relied on his senses and the very idea that they were being taken from him frightened him immensely.

Turning his head to the side, his view of the world swooped and his body lurched, the dizziness finally adding itself to his growing list of side effects.Closing his eyes to fight the dizziness, he blacked out.

When he reopened them just minutes later, John was rushing through the door.

"Sherlock! What have you done? Are you okay?" His voice was frantic, and it nearly broke Sherlock.

"Please John, just leave. I have to do this. I'm sorry. I can't endanger you anymore. Leave."

"I'm not leaving you."

"John, go." he reached out with his hand to push him towards the door, but his hand went right through him.

Sherlock was hallucinating.

Queasiness clenched his stomach and he threw himself off the bed, throwing up what little he had left in his stomach. Collapsing on the floor, body twitching, he closed his eyes and fell unconscious.