Chapter 2

I slumped against the too yellow couch and sipped at a warm tea that laid on the marble table. I can't believe I fell for that. They completely houdinied me.

I had run out if the room as soon as I realized I had been tricked but April was nowhere to be seen.

There was a window and I looked out it. The sun was still at peak so that meant there were still many hours in the day. I heard a knock in the door.

I ran to it hoping to find answers but no one was there. I looked down and tears pricked in my eyes. I dropped to my knees and grabbed the object.

It was my tiny dancer. The one my sister had given to me on my 8th birthday. The one mom had given her. The one that had been passed on since 1965. The paint was scratched on her face but her ball gown looked good still.

When you grabbed her tiny hand and spun her slowly music started playing. I placed my finger in my tiny dancers hand and began spinning. The sing started. Me and my sister had made up a song to go with the tune.

It played in my head.

All alone in the woods,
The bunny sobbed and said,
For a friend I would give,
My heart and my head,
Then along came the fox,
Who looked as sly as could be,
And he smiled at the bunny,
And said could you use me,
For the fox was lonely,
Because he looked so bad,
But the bunny gave his head,
And all the love that he had.

Tears streamed down my face as I heard my sisters voice singing the words softly. Nights and nights would she sing it to me to go to sleep. She only stopped when I insisted to sing her to sleep.

I stood up shakily and took deep and choppy breathes. I stepped back and closed the door.

I wrapped the tiny dancer in my arms and pushed back a strand of my black hair. It looked like oil and felt like feathers. My sister has always woken me up by playing with my hair.

She said I had hair like dad. Even though I never got to meet him. And she said I had eyes like mom. Even though I had never gotten to meet her either.

I set the tiny dancer next to the vase of sunflowers on my white dresser. I decided to snoop around seeing as this was my room.

I opened a dresser and found clothes already fit to my size. What the hell. Are they psychic or something.

In the closest there where about five dresses. I was to busy being stunned to really count. One was blue. A deep blue that you may expect to see on the hand of a duchess.

One was burgundy. The kind of color you expect to represent strictness and order, not jewels and glitter.

The one I was most fond of was white. It had a silk sleeve that ran to about mid thigh with a lace cover than looked like it might spread out on the floor a little. It was a deep v in the back which my mind instantly knee wouldn't fit my frame.