Chapter 1

I breathed out softly and rubbed my hands together. It seemed like just yesterday I was swimming in the pool with my big sister. Laughing as I baked brownies with her. Watching Vampire Diaries and fawning over the perfection Ian Somerhalder is.

Well it wasn't yesterday. And she wasn't here. July 23rd was the day my sister died. The police said she died at around 4 am from suffocating from the smoke. They said it was better than burning alive.

You know what I think would've been better. Her still being here. Us still making brownies. Us being together. The two musketeers taking over the world together head on. Now I'm all alone.

I breathed in a choppy breath. My aunt Lynn decided that I had to go to school today. That I couldn't take a break because of her 'unfortunate passing'. That I had to 'get out there and be normal'.

She just didn't want me to think about my sister being gone. Mr being alone. In her opinion I wasn't alone. I was literally covered in family. Her, her husband, and her graduate son who lives in her basement watching Ouran High School Host Club being sexually attracted to most of the characters.

I for one didn't see what he saw in them. They were too perfect. And perfect things happen to poison people like me. Who thrive on imperfection. Who find beauty in themselves by finding the faults in others.

I shook my head as I heard an old lady shouting in a sickly voice. "Are you getting on or what." I looked at the windows with a frown. There were two people laughing and looking at me, and a group of guys skimming my body with perverted eyes.

Mostly no one cared. They were either sleeping from waking up too early or texting their someone specials.

I sat in a seat in the front and shoved my head phones in my ears. Youth by Daughter started playing in my ears. My friend Mia suggested it to me over text. I searched it and listened and found out it was for me.

I closed my eyes and listened to the music. It was almost as if my heart was in sync with the beat. I felt a tear trickle down my hot cheek and wiped it briskly. I breathed out. I had seen my sisters face.

I looked over and there was a boy my age sitting there staring blankly. "Are you okay?" He asked with no expression change. "No." I said being bluntly honest. He opened his mouth and closed it. He reached in his bag grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. He started writing quickly. He handed me the paper.

"I don't know how to comfort out loud but I hope it gets better and I'm sorry you're sad. I understand. Pain hurts."

I smiled softly. "Thank you." I folded the paper and placed it gently in my pocket. "What is your name?" I asked looking at the boy.

"Peter. Peter Lockwood." He smiled and held out his hand. I shook it but felt a pang in my heart. I miss her so much.

"Nice to meet you Peter. My name is Orion." He blinked and raised a brow.

"Like the star thingy?"

I nodded smiling softly. The second I frowned it faded away. Every time I became even a little happy I felt guilt. My sister couldn't be happy anymore. Why should I be able to.

I pulled my hand away and closed my eyes for a minute. He got the point and was silent. Ever since my sister died three weeks ago I felt empty. It was hard not to cry every night.