3. Holy Water

When the last weak rays of sunshine disappeared, there was not enough light for Elara and Patrick to look for Frank, they assumed that hopefully he arrived home faster than them and now he was curled up on his bed.

But he wasn't.

"What are we going to do now!?" Patrick asked alarmed. He knew how the human world was and the simple thought of a bad human finding Frank terrified him.

Elara had left to keep working, and promised she'd ask the rest of the guardians if they have seen Frank.

Now Patrick was sitting on his cloud, Ryan and Pete next to him.

"Hey Pat, don't worry. You know Frank is a strong boy, he'll probably appear tomorrow morning" Suggested Pete, adding some hope to the situation.

"Yes, exactly! Where were you? In the forest?" Ryan asked, and Patrick sniffed and nodded. "Then the worst scenario is that he got himself injured and he's sleeping in a tree or something, right?" Ryan asked, smiling although he was unsure of his own words.

"And tomorrow he'll be here, I'm sure of it" Pete added, wrapping his arm around Patrick's shoulders.

The truth is Frank had never been on his own in the human world, and that worried Pete and Ryan too but it was getting late and they couldn't go and find him now.

"I'm going to sleep, guys. Sweet dreams" Ryan smiled apologetically and jumped to his cloud, glancing at them before closing his eyes.

"Don't worry about him" Pete whispered and lied down, making grabby hands at the boy.

Patrick smiled a little and joined him, falling asleep on Pete's embrace.

_____________

Frank had never seen a human house and it was amazing.

They managed to arrive at Gerard's house, if you could call house an abandoned wooden house half hidden in the entrance of a cave. Gerard had to carry the boy bridal style while he wondered since when was he so kind to his food.

Maybe because the boy was cute. He examined his literally angelical features whilst Frank just observed the living room innocently.

He could bite him now. He was even holding him, Frank's untouched neck was just inches away from his face. Gerard licked his lips, absorbed on the angel's neck.

"Gerard...?"

He snapped out of it and saw Frank's big eyes looking up at him. Fuck, he couldn't bite the boy if he was looking at him with that pretty face.

"Want to lie down?" He quickly asked the first thing that came to his mind and Frank nodded. That was close, he thought as he placed the boy on his couch with all the gentleness he could muster, but still Frank winced and bit his lip in pain.

Frank hugged himself and looked at the man expectantly, he had just discovered he couldn't take care of himself and he hoped this stranger could, but the stranger wasn't doing anything, just staring at him.

Frank sighed. "It hurts..." He threw the biggest hint he could think of, and finally the man reacted.

"Let me see...?" Gerard frowned confused.

Frank mirrored his expression and slowly sat on his knees, turning around. When Gerard saw the boy's back he almost gasped.

The beginning of Frank's left wing was still bleeding and the blood trailed down his back. He was so vulnerable like this...