Chapter Twelve

You stood in the crowd watching the new chief speak, he was spitting out exactly what Tarlok wanted to hear. You groaned when Tenzin and Tarlok began to speak you walked over to the group leaning against the stone wall of the police building.
"Ah. (YN). I'm assuming that since you regained your bending you will be resuming your spot on my task force?" Tarlok smirked smugly. You raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah. When Hell freezes over. You manipulate everyone who comes in contact with you. I'm fairly certain you have manipulated even Tenzin." You snapped sarcastically.
"You will regret that." Tarlok growled. You stepped towards him looking up at the man who towered over you.
"Says who? A half baked councilman?" You hissed at him. Tarlok gripped your upper arms pulling you off the ground close to him. You gasped.
"Who says I can't. A helpless little girl who is terrified of the big city and losing her best friend? Or the bitch nobody really likes." Tarlok whispered in your ear. You stumbled when he dropped you breathing not realizing you had been holding your breath. Korra had an arm around you but that didn't stop you from 'accidentally' tripping the councilman. He fell flat against the pavement and you pretended to look sorry as you stood up running towards the flying bison. You were content sitting in the saddle regretting the inevitable question.
"What did Tarlok say to you?" Korra asked. You looked away your eyes watering.
"The truth." You whispered. Korra's teal eyes filled with pity. You leapt off of the sky bison before it even touched ground. You sprinted for the other side of temple. On your way through the temple itself you ran right into Bolin. You looked up into his green eyes and tried to make your way past him. He held on to you though, he hugged you. It's like he knew something was wrong and knew how much you needed this hug.
"What's wrong?" He asked you bending so you both were eye to eye.
"Bolin. I'm fine." You lied.
"You can't lie to me." He whispered.
"Okay fine. But promise to be honest?" You felt small.
"Always." He smiled gently.
"Am I really a scared little girl, dependant on someone else to fight her battles and on top of it all is one of the most unlikable things in Republic City?" You asked. Bolin's green eyes softened and then hardened like the earth he bends.
"No, no. Who on Earth told you something like that?!" Bolin answered. You shook your head.
"Tarlok." You whispered. Bolin wrapped his arms around tightly once more.
"He is so wrong, again. You are so sweet and yet tough as nails. Independent but you know when to ask for help. You are who everyone wants to be." Bolin spoke so protectively. You buried your face in his chest. Bolin was you brother.
"Thanks Bo. You have always been my brother, and one of my best friends." You mumbled.
"You are my sister (NickName). I am not letting anyone hurt you in any way ever." Bolin hugged you.

You had spent the rest of the day reading about fire bending. You tried a few things and even managed a spark of lightning. But when nightfall came and you were in your pajamas, a white tank top and a pair of (fc) shorts walking out of your room you walked face first into a pillow. Bolin let out a laugh until you sprinted into your room f a pillow and smacking him right across the face with the pillow. When Bolin reached for his pillow you had sprinted into the temple meditation area was. It was lit by lanterns and pillows and blankets were put everywhere, Korra, Asami, and Mako all awaited in their jammies. You grinned turning and smacking a sprinting Bolin again. A pillow was chucked at your head and it knocked you right in the face.
"That's my brother you just hit!" Mako said playfully. You watched in amazement as Asami hit Korra in stomach. You were in the middle of a pillow fight. You threw the pillow back at Mako barely missing him. You were hit in the back by Asami. Your eyes widened in shock as a pillow at full velocity hit the black haired girl across the face.
No it was war.
AN.
FIRST AN. WOO! Lame ending I know but after all Tarlok said I wanted to make a cute filler. And as much as I love Bolin I wrote him in as the big brother persona. We also reach 600 reads! I'm so excited and can't wait to breach one thousand. I have high hopes for this story. Thanks to all the voters, commenters, and followers. You inspire me!
-Kamryn