Chapter 17

Tuesday.

I have a bittersweet mood today. Knowing that Drake and I are good again, Carl is coming home soon and people are still gossiping about me. But I don't feel too bad about the gossiping part because the Carl-coming-home-soon part is distracting me. Ahhhh! I really do have a crush on him and I really did miss him. So knowing that he's coming home really makes me happy.

When I got down to eat breakfast granny greeted me "Goodmorning, dear. How's sleep?"

"Morning, granny. Morning, Drake" I greeted both of them. "My sleep was great by the way." I added.

"Looks like someone is in a good mood today. Why is that?" granny gave me a suspicious look.

When I was about to answer, Drake barged in and answered, "Her lovelife isn't over yet." in an annoyed tone.

"That's not it!" I told Drake "Carl is coming back." I added more of like telling it to granny than to Drake.

"Yeah right, totally forgot about that." Drake interrupted once more still not removing his annoyed tone.

"What is your problem?" I asked getting sick of his reactions. I put my hands on my hips. I looked at him eagerly, expecting an answer.

"Look, forget about it." he answered while heading to the living room and turned on the T.V. That boy has nothing better to do than to just sit all day and watch T.V.

"Well someone's having an opposite mood of yours." granny blurted while pouring orange juice in a glass.

"Guess so." I simply answered.

"So about this Carl. Is he the boy who always hangs out with you and your friend before your father died?" granny asked. 

"Yes, granny." 

"I can't help but notice but do you like him?" granny questioned. I can't answer so I just gave her a smile.

"My little Sandra is growing up, I thought you promised you'd never like anyone?" granny gave me a big hug. She was right. I did promise myself that I wouldn't like anyone because of Carl moving out. I was heartbroken when he left. I was a little angry at Carl. The reason I told Drake that I liked Carl is just for him to not tickle me again. But when I got news that he was returning, my anger for him was turned into happiness. So yup, I like him again. I bet you're thinking that I change so easily.   

"Hehe, everybody changes, granny." I informed. Then she smiled from ear to ear.

"Well, you better go to school. You don't want to be late." she said while giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Right, bye granny." I said as I head straight to the door.

Before opening the door and leave, I took a quick glance of Drake watching the T.V. Why did he become so annoyed all of sudden? 

walkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalk

When I arrived at school, many stuents were still gossiping and whispering about me but I didn't care right now 'cause my head was focused on the return of Carl. I'm very excited, you know?

When I got to my locker, Gina was beside it as always.

"Hey, Gina. So when is Carl really coming back?" I asked.

"Hey, Sandra. I really don't know. He just said soon but he didn't actually give an exact day." she replied.

"Oh." was all can say.

When I was about to say something , Natalie suddenly barged in on us. "Hello, Sandra. So how did the interview with the media at your house go the other day?" she asked loudly while batting her eyelashes innocent-like. As if she has nothing to do with it. The students in the hallway started listening to our conversation. So it was very crowded (again). I gathered all the pride that was left in me and tried to answer back to Natalie.

"Oh it was so great. I'm so happy that I'm famous right now." I said going with the flow. Sense the sarcasm. The peole were still listening

"Really? What did you tell them?" she asked again. She was more of the interviewer than the media itself. 

"I actually told them the truth why Drake cancelled the concert." even though it's not true that I spoke to the media this is what I said. I don't know what got in me. I think I was ready to embarass Natalie in front of everyone. Anyways, the crowd was shocked and was eager to know the truth.

Natalie gave me a suspicious look and asked, "Would you care to tell us why he did?"

I totally knew what to answer. Natalie, get ready to be embarassed. "Oh Natalie, you're acting as if you don't know." I said acting innocent like her. "He cancelled it because of you, right? You told me." I added. The crowd was shocked and started whispering to one another.

"I don't know what you're talking about." she denied.

"Oh come on, you said it yourself. Being the ex of Drake you attended the concert for him to flip out and cancel the concert. And when the concert is cancelled, he'll be humiliated in front of his fans. That was your plan, right? Aren't you happy it worked?" I asked her. Now the crowd was, more shocked.

"Hah, I really don't know what you're talking about. Oh right, because you're a liar! Liar, liar, liar!!! I didn't tell you anything!!!" she said angrily.

"Whoa, whoa! The more you deny, the more you make it look like it's true." I said. Ha, beat that, Natalie. Now the whole school knows you're pretty little secret.

"Hmph!" she pouted while walking away from the hallway. She is not thinking smart because if you don't want a person to know that a secret is true, you shouldn't be acting suspicious.

Everyone went back to normal, still everyone was gossiping but not about me anymore but about Natalie. I've never felt this great before. 

"Where did that come from?" Gina asked shocked of what I just did?

"Where did what come from?" I asked, pretending that I didn't know What she was talking about.

"Oh come on. you completely know what I'm talking about." she said giving me a grin.

"I don't really know. I just...did." I said smiling from ear to ear.

"Remind me not to go to your bad side. You've really changed." 

"Well, as people say, Everybody changes." 

The bell rang and we already went to our classes. The day went pretty great. No more gossiping about me. Now that feels good.

The day passed pretty fast. It was already time to go home before I knew it.

Gina gave me a ride home. 

When I knocked n our front door, Drake opened the door. Then headed back to the couch, he was writing something on a paper.

"Hey, Drake. Where's granny?" I began 

"She left." he grunted.

"Where did she go?" I asked concerned.

"I don't know!" he grunted again.

"Seriously, what's your problem? You keep on grunting. One minute your okay, one minute your not. I think you've lost your marbles." 

"Would you just leave me alone?" he demanded. I got irritated.

"Fine! We just became friends again and now you're ruining it again!" I shouted as I ran to my room. Everything turned out great this day except him.

I turned on my laptop and decided to open my Facebook. It's been a while since I logged in.

I looked at my notifications, friend requests and...clink! Somebody just messaged me. I was very very shocked, surprised and happy to see the name of the person who just messaged me.

Carl Anderson: Hi, Sandra it's been awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter. Ha, serves you right, Natalie. Sorry, I just wanted Natalie to go down down down! Haha! So what do you think about this chapter? Pls. vote and comment!!! It really means so much to me. And please don't be shy to tell  me if there are any corrections. Please also add this story to your reading lists! Please please, please, pretty please!!! :) <3