Chapter One

• Dedicated to Annie Roy

Feedback's always appreciated. You have to be a member to vote and comment. Just log in via your fb account. Vote button to your right ----> 

Chapter One

What do you do when you’re bored?

I don’t know about you, but I break hearts. So, there I was in a coffee shop doing the necessary work.

I was sitting with my soon-to-be-ex boyfriend Sean in a quaint cafe. Ironic it is that I chose the same coffee shop we first met in. See, I’ve got sentimental values; I have no idea why they call me a heartless bitch. Looking at him talk and act all needy, I felt, what was I thinking? I must have been totally desperate or totally drunk for the one and a half week of dating. 

“Sean, listen to me,” I told him trying to get his attention. “You’re a great guy but still not good enough. This ain’t working.”

“How could it not?” Sean sniffled, totally ignoring my taunt. Wait, did he just “sniffle”?

 No wonder I don’t want anything to do with him.I should have dumped him with a text. I can’t do this.

Sean meanwhile, was going on about how we were meant to be and that it was love at first sight. Yeah right, I was flirting with his best friend then. Love is blind they say, guess it’s deaf too

“Love?” I raised an eyebrow at that. 

“Yes, I love you Tasha,” he said sincerely.

 If he thought I was one of those girls who would be on the top of the world hearing that then he is so wrong.

 I hate love. Or whatever it brings along with it. You either care for a person or you lust for them. And mostly with teenage boys it is only lust. Just the difference is they would say the “L” word and get the girl in bed. Moreover, I don’t understand why even knowing all of this b.s, girls believe them. Well normal girls; and I won’t mix for this very reason. They see fantasy and I see reality.

“Tasha, are you even listening to me?” Oh sure, even if I tried to ignore you, your voice is pretty insistent. 

“Oh yeah, of course, what made you think I wasn’t?” 

“I feel like you are not paying attention.” He mumbled. Atta boy! Right there you are. And then continued with a serious look, “Baby, we can work this out, I promise! I will be everything you want me to be.”

Acting all innocent, I took his hand in mine only to give him the worst break-up line ever, hoping he would understand and then I could make my way towards the door.

“Sean sweetie, you can’t because I don’t want you.”

He just blinked at me. I stared right back letting him know I was serious. Soon I realized moisture brewing up in his eyes. See, one more reason to why Sean and I can’t work.

Hell! I haven’t cried once during my inconsiderate teen life and he cries over a break-up with me. I just got up and took my bag. It was getting late and I was pretty late for the party tonight.

“Please, don’t do this. I promise I’ll make everything work.”

This was getting nowhere, and I knew if I leave he’ll follow. So I sighed and changed my strategy.

“Sean, I need to confess something. I made a mistake and that’s why I can’t be with you.” 

“I forgive everything you ever did. It will be in the past. We’ll have a new future.” What was I thinking when I thought of going out with him. He almost seemed like a…girl.