Ending Chapter

Oh, just a head's up; I'm changing the title to "What the Hart Wants."  The current title doesn't work anymore, since I didn't follow the first idea that came into my head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makai Hart

     I had to do what I knew in my heart was right.  I was the daughter of Reverend Hart, after all, and if my father knew that Trey had kept the secret of his daughter away from me, he would have been overly upset with me for continuing to be with him.  And Matthew would have did nothing but fuss, knowing that I chose Trey over Chris, when Chris had been the one who was there for me since day one.  And my mother would have been angry that I let such a nice guy slip away from me, and she would have never let me forget it.

     The six months that I'd spent with Trey were great.  I'd learned a great deal about myself from finally being in a real relationship.  I'd learned how gullible I was to believing everything that he told me; which was dumb on my behalf, but I honestly didn't know any better.  I'm a preacher's daughter for crying out loud.  I'm the only daughter, at that.  The only guy I'd ever gotten close to was Chris, but it wasn't like that with us.  Since I'd believed everything he said, I did the same for Trey.  I thought that I was supposed to.  I trusted him.  Well, up until Nicki told me about Sheena and Syanna.  And I did eventually get a chance to meet Sheena, and she was really nice.  But she was a former stripper, and I just couldn't bring myself to become friends with a female who danced around in lingerie for strangers.

     Syanna is adorable.  She looks just like Sheena, but she has Trey's actions 100%.  The little cutie pie had her toes and nails painted bright pink.  She adressed me as "Ms. Kai," and told me how much Trey had told her about me.  Which sort of made me upset on the inside, because I had no idea about her.  But he hadn't told Sheena about me either, and Syanna hadn't said a word to her mother.  I guess she had a horrible temper.

     Despite all that, though, I decided to follow my gut instinct and give Chris a shot.  It was only natural.  We'd been together as friends forever, and it was only right for us to end up together in the end, right?  Plus, Ty had already told me that if I didn't give a chance that he would personally come over to our apartment and beat my ass.  Even though I knew he wouldn't be able to because of Chyna, I listenend anyway.  It had been on my To-Do list for the longest; I just didn't know how to act on my thoughts.  Ty and Chyna are expecting a son, too.  I haven't heard any names being said, but I can only imagine that it's going to be unusual and unexpected--just like they are.  Chris is happy to be becoming an uncle, and I'm gonna be an aunt(:

     But I guess you could say that things turned out for the better.  Six months after leaving Trey and getting with Chris, I can finally say that for once in my life I'm finally genuinely happy.  No more frowns, no more tears.  Except when it's time for finals.  Thankfully I'll be graduating next spring, though.  I've had enough of the college life.  My parents are expecting to see Chris and me come visit as a couple for the first time.  Matthew too.  He's ready to see his "brother-in-law," even though we haven't said anything about marriage or an engagement to anyone.

---

"Hey Babe, can you bring me a water?"

"Can you get packed already so we can go?"

Chris brings my water into the bedroom where I sit Indian-style with my suitcase.

"I'm packed already.  I'm just waiting on Trey to call me."

"I thought you talked to Syanna earlier?"

I shake my head no, shrugging my shoulders at him.

"Sheena called, but before I got a chance to talk to Sy, Trey was there to pick her up."