Chapter 13

Throughout the days after Ringo and I shared that intimate kiss on the kitchen, our relationship has developed into something different. Whenever we were sitting on the couch watching tv or something, John would tease us or imitate how we kissed causing Ringo to ignore him and kiss me on the cheek. In the other hand, I was happy that Ringo and I were moving on a new phase of our relationship, but deep down inside me I knew something wasn't right. Now, why would I feel that way? The guy of my dreams, which I've never thought he would ever appear in my life was sitting right next to me. Many things have happened the past couple of weeks. I was just an ordinary girl who plays softball, then Jason came along in which it was a mistake, then my feelings for Ringo were flourishing. But something tells me we cannot be together. Why? Because, heck, he is not part of my era.

I was sitting on the sidewalk in front of my house looking at the sunset enjoying the loneliness gathering up all my thoughts while the others were inside.

"Are you alright, love?" Paul asked looking at me with concern sitting next me. I looked at him breaking my train of thought.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Why do you ask?" I sighed. Paul observed me for a moment studying my face like if he was making me divulge what was eating me inside.

"I don't believe you," He said. "You're not the Gina I know." I snickered.

"Oh yeah? Then who is the Gina that you know?" Paul was quiet, gazing at the beautiful sunset in front of us.

"The Gina I know is the girl who is always cheerful, full of energy. The friendly girl who let us dumb lads stay in your home when we came to this strange world. The charming girl who has Ringo falling heals over you." I looked at him in surprise, "But now you seem too reticent around us, almost in deep thought. Tell me what's bugging you." His hazel brown eyes never left mine, waiting patiently for my response. I was debating if either telling him or not, but who else would I be able to tell. No one knows about my situation, not even Olivia. Not able to stare at him any longer, my sight drifted into the ground. I explained what was making me feel uneasy not without letting some tears falling from my eyes. I told him all from the start when Ringo and I begin to become closer. Paul never interrupted me, he listened tentatively at my words making up his conclusion.

"I see what you're saying, Gina, but you never know when we are gonna leave. You have to him a chance." Paul started.

"Paul, I totally give him a chance. I like him! But we're totally different people. I am a regular sport's girl, he's a famous musician. Not just any musician, he's a Beatle."

"You're not just any regular girl either, Gina. You're excellent at softball, really!" Paul grinned. "Just because Ringo is a Beatle doesn't mean he's not a person without feelings, love. Ringo is a sweet, caring, loving lad."

"And that's what is eating me Paul! That if I get too attached to him, the time you guys leave I will not know what I'll do." I broke down crying. Paul put an arm around me rubbing my back soothingly comforting me.

"Don't cry, I don't like seeing you like this. I say that you should talk to Ringo. Everything is gonna be fine, alright?"

"How can you be sure?"

"Because I'm Paul McCartney. And I know everything will be okay. Don't you know how many times has he talked about you. He never shuts his mouth." Paul winked making me giggle.

"There's the smile I was looking for." I nudge him in the ribs causing him to flinch slightly. "You'll be alright, Gina. Enjoy every second of it."

"Thanks, Paul. You always know how to make me feel better. I'm gonna talk to him tonight." I replied brushing away the tears.

"You know I'm always going to help you out."

We walked back inside to find the living room empty and the kitchen as well. We searched for them around the house until the idea hit me. Garage. We walked inside the garage finding them playing their instruments.

"Ah, I see you two decided to come back inside." John smiled looking up at us from his guitar.

"What took you so long?" George asked.

"We were just talking." Paul shrugged his shoulders. Ringo walked over to me pecking me on the lips.

"Oi, you lads wanna show Gina our new song we've been working on?" Ringo requested. John smiled grabbing the guitar back.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was getting late and restless. John and George have scorted themselves to bed, not before George getting a quick snack. I was in the couch reading a book until Paul came over.

"Don't forget to talk to Ringo, alright?" I nodded swiftly looking over at Ringo who was walking towards me.

"Goodnight, love." Then Paul gazed at Ringo and patted him on the shoulder.

"Night, mate." With that said sleepy Paul walked back to his room.

"What did you think of our song 'A Hard Day's Night'?" Ringo asked putting an arm around me.

"Pretty good, you guys are getting better and better." I answered showing my best smile.

"Gear, I couldn't take my eyes off of you, you know?" I murmured in response. Yet, the burning feeling in my chest developed, I needed to tell him. Ringo noticed my change of behavior and before he could say anything, I bit him to it.

"Ringo, I need to talk to you." I mentioned.
I stood up from the couch setting the book down on the coffee table and signal Ringo to follow me.
Ringo and I walked in my room closing the door behind me. Ringo looked at me confused sitting on my bed.

"What's wrong?" I stood there in silence concentrating on what I'll say. I took a deep breath before speaking, glancing straight at his eyes.

"Ringo, do you think this is gonna work out? Between you and me? Because I'm afraid that our relationship might not work."

"Why do you think we would not work out?" Ringo asked, his sad facial expression showing. I sat next to him on my bed holding his hands.

"Because I think it's gonna be complicated. Ringo, I like you very much but I feel like if I get too attached to you, you'll be going back to your era and I'll lose what I have created, and I don't want to hurt you. You're not only going to be my favorite Beatle anymore, but someone I really fell heals for. But this is 2015 you're from 1964. It's fifty years apart, which is not right. You cannot live here forever, do you understand? You have to continue your music career. I don't want to stop you from what you're doing and I need to continue my softball career."

"Gina please don't say that." Ringo's voice softened. "For as long as I last here with you, I want to spend and enjoy every moment with you. I know it's a bit difficult with the time period but I want you to know that you don't know how happy you make me feel everytime I'm with you. That kiss in the kitchen we both know it meant something."

"I know, but Ringo... I don't want us to be in a tough situation in which we already are." Ringo placed a small piece of hair behind my ear while kissing my cheek lightly clearing the tears from my eyes. We both stayed silent for a minute until he spoke.

"Or I have a request for you." He said. I looked at his big bright ocean blue eyes who were staring at my own deeply.

"you say I cannot stay here with you for eternity. I understand but I am willing to spend my life with you so," Ringo's hand brushed my face lightly before breaking a smile,

"Will you be willing to come back with me to Liverpool?"