Daddy Mason and Mommy Carly

Awesome banner on the right made by TriaTheCraziestDuo

'Knock! 'Knock!' 'Knock!' 'Knock!'

'Please just be part of a dream; please just be part of a dream.' I mentally chanted. I didn't feel like opening my eyes, I was too tired; all I wanted was to lie on this comfortable couch and sleep. I deserved that after all the studying I've done all night.

'Bang!'

My eyes instantly shot open, I let out a huge breath of relief as I glanced at the TV, to see a bunch of muscular guys shooting and running around. I ran a hand through my hair, grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. I guess while going through some study notes I'd fallen asleep on the couch.

'Knock!'

Just as I was about to call it a night and go up to my room I heard the knocking again, I turned around to see that the TV was off, so where was the knocking coming from?

'Knock!'

"Carly." I heard someone whisper-yell.

Okay if I was any other normal girl I would be freaking out right now and would probably run to the kitchen and grab a knife or to be more cliché I'd use a pan, but I wasn't any normal girl, I wasn't frightened easily.

"Carly!" I heard someone call again with a knock.

I turned to the direction the sounds were coming from; I pulled open the living room window curtain slightly and the person came into view. I was glad it wasn't a burglar, since I was alone at home and my by the looks of it my parents weren't back from wherever they were as yet.

"Damien?" I asked a little confused.

He smiled sheepishly at me. "Hey."

I frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, can I maybe explain to you once I'm inside? It's a little cold out here." He replied.

Closing the curtain, I walked over to my front door.

"Okay what are you doing knocking my window at..." I trailed off to look at my watch. "At ten thirty at night?" I asked standing in the doorway, not letting Damien in just as yet.

"The thing is that I couldn't sleep-"

"Then count sheep, it always works and if that doesn't help count birds, that's what I do because sheep creep me out with all that curly fur and whatnot." I told him cutting him off.

"No I couldn't sleep because I was thinking-" he began explaining himself again.

"Ah, one of the many causes of insomnia is overthinking. Thinking is good just don't overdo it because well as you can see, you'll end up sleepless and then depriving others of their sleep, like me." I cut him off again.

"Carly will you please just let me explain?" he asked, looking exasperated.

I let out a yawn. "How about tomorrow or even better, Monday? I'm pretty tired Damien."

"If I don't clear this up now I won't be able to sleep properly." He said looking desperate. I was about to budge but I was pretty desperate for my bed right now.

"Then count sheep Damien, or if that doesn't work then count-"

"I am not counting sheep or birds for that matter, Carly!" he snapped and walked passed me into my house.

I stood there with my mouth agape. "Well would you like to come in then?" I mumbled sarcastically shutting the door behind me.

I followed Damien into my living room where he seemed to make himself comfy on the couch. "Okay, what was on your mind?" I asked taking a seat on the couch opposite him.