Closets Are For Clothes {19}

I just want to thank everyone who reads/votes/comments this story :D I probably would've given up if you guys hadn't encouraged me :) This story is officially ahead of the Quizilla one (Where it was originally posted) because of the feedback. Oh, and tomorrow (July 22) is my birthday :D I'll upload a super special chapter for it ;D Alright, enjoy this chapter! ^-^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Bye Noah!” I called with a wave. Owen had left a few minutes ago. I shut the doo and turned to face Max. I smiled at him. “My room?” I offered. He shrugged and smiled. “Sure Andre.”

                We went into my room and sat on my bed. “Andre, why do you and Pierce, uh,” he struggled for a word. I laughed. “Pierce and I met a few years back. Things happened between us. I’m over those things but I don’t think he is and obviously my parents aren’t.”

                What a lie. I had never gotten over those things. I had never gotten over Pierce. He had tried to forget about me. I had never forgotten about Pierce. I had never tried to.  

                I turned on my iPod and irony brought it to play F(r)iends.

                “We were friends running endless through the night until you told me that I’d changed. Well I guess that you were right. We were friends. Did we think that we were pure?  We were friends since I remember but we can’t be anymore. We were friends. But we can’t be anymore.”

                Max sat awkwardly and I tried to block out the song as I tried to think of a way to get him away from Pierce. Pierce couldn’t be happy. I didn’t want him to be happy. He didn’t want me to be happy.

                “So have you and Pierce had sex together yet?” I asked at last, deciding to just reveal Pierce for the man whore he was.

                Max looked shocked. “W-What?” he stuttered. I offered him a small smile. “Sorry, that was rude of me. I just know how Pierce is.” Max seemed to grow curiously confused. “What do you mean?” he asked nervously.

                I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “You know…Pierce likes to sleep around. Guys and girls. It’s the way he’s always been.” Max’s eyes widened a little. “He…never said anything like that,” he mumbled, looking away quickly.

                                                                                ***Max’s POV***

                Pierce had never talked about that kind of thing before. I knew he wasn’t a virgin, but I didn’t think he slept around a lot.

                “Andre, what kind of things happened between you and Pierce?” I asked quietly. I knew it was rude but I was really curious to know. Andre’s parents really hated Pierce and Pierce was really scared of Andre for some reason.

                Andre sighed again. “We…dated. He cheated. A lot. We broke up, kind of a nasty break up, and didn’t speak for a while. I’m over it though and ready to be friends with Pierce.”

                He twirled a piece of hair around his finger. “I don’t think he’s ready to be friends though.” He shrugged and offered me a weak smile.

                My mind was racing. Pierce was a cheater? Maybe he had just made a mistake…But Andre said he had cheated a lot. What did that mean? Why would Pierce do that?

                My phone vibrated and I checked it and sighed. “My dad’s here Andre. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He frowned deeply but walked me to the door. He waved as I got in my dad’s car and we pulled out of the driveway.

                Dad drove me home in awkwardly tense silence. I got out of the car as soon as I could and went straight up to my room.

                The next day in school, I hurried over to Pierce and hugged him tightly .He smiled at me softly. “How was Andre’s?” he asked, a bit nervously. I shrugged. “My dad picked me up not long after Owen and Noah left.” He relaxed a ton.

                I had decided to ask him about what Andre had told me when we were in private. I wanted to talk to Pierce about it for sure though.

                “Hey everyone,” Andre said as he came over with a bright smile. “Sorry about my parents Pierce,” he said sincerely. “It’s alright,” Pierce said quietly. I could feel him tensing up again and I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He smiled at me thankfully.

                “Shit, I need to go to my locker,” Noah said with a frown. We all followed him upstairs. “Wait there! The power of Christ compels you!” he cried as we reached the top of the stairs. He hurried off to his locker as I rolled my eyes.

                Andre was talking to Owen. I pulled Pierce aside. “Pierce, why do you hate Andre so much?” I asked him quietly. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me.

                “Max, let’s just say that if you gave him Viagra, he would be taller.” He sighed and smiled at me. “Seriously Max, don’t worry about it okay? Fuck Andre. I love you.” He kissed my deeply. I smiled at him happily.

                The bell exploded and kids began to run off to their classes as we waited for Noah’s slow ass to come back. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “Tell Noah I’ll see him first period. I have to get something from the art wing.”

                I moved to go down the staircase. Something bumped into me and before I knew what was happening, I had lost my footing and was tumbling down the hard staircase.