Chapter 4

Hey guys!!!! Another chapter ;) I’m excited, and I’m thinking that the story is coming along, but today is where stuff goes DOWN! Ha-ha but don’t take it from me; read :D I just couldn’t concentrate on anything besides this story, and HAD to upload lol! Love you all, vote, comment, fan, and read <3 Btw. If any of you are wondering why I haven’t described the lab it’s because I hate it when I have an idea of what a place looks like, and then the story says it’s totally different. So I want you guys to imagine what it looks like, and keep that in your minds. J

XXXxxxXXXxxx Sage

                The next 3 weeks carried on like this, each day bringing a new and painful horror. Time had lost all meaning, and I didn’t know how much longer I could carry on like on this. I had lost my fragile reason to live, and it was now just animal instinct to fight death. I was always silent. I used to notice the looks of pity and remorse from Jordan, but he wasn’t doing anything so I just ignored him after my guess of a week. I was so far gone that I no longer cared what was done to me. Until today.

“So, how are you Aden?” Mr. C asked. When I didn’t answer he carried on “Foolish question? I guess so. Anyhow, today my dear, today it all ends. Your immunity to fire has been coming along slowly, and it seems that the more drastic the treatment, the more your body responds. So I have decided to burn your whole body.” He said

“…….. B-burn…. My whole b-body?” I managed to squeak out

“Ha-ha yes Aden. And no, we don’t have any pain killers.” He said grinning evilly

       I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t even think beyond the fact that I was going to be burned to death. What am I going to do!? I thought to myself. How can I escape this one?

“No.” said a voice all too familiar. I looked up in shock. “You can’t do that; it’s murder! Its one thing to experiment for scientific research, but that isn’t what it is anymore. You’re murdering her to satisfy your own sick desires!” he yelled, disgusted at the scientist. I just sat there staring at Jordan in complete and utter shock.

“Valiant speech, my boy, but I’m afraid you’re wrong. It is completely for scientific progress. And I have great reason to believe that she will survive.” He said in a reasonable voice, as if they weren’t discussing my death.

“No. You’re wrong. No one can withstand that.” He said, on the brink of losing it completely. Why?

“Why do you care Jordan?” Mr. C said in a tired voice “It’s not as if she means anything to you.”

“It doesn’t matter if she does or doesn’t. What matters is that she’s an 18 year old girl, and you’re ready to kill her.” He said angrily

“She won’t die, Jordan. I am almost certain of that.” Mr. C said

“Well I’m not going to stand by and let you burn her alive.” He said, and I believed him. I shouldn’t, but I believed with all my heart that he would try his hardest to save me.

“Jordan. Don’t make this harder than it has to be. Let me through.” Mr. C said dangerously. “Now.”

“No” said Jordan stubbornly

“That is your choice. Bradley. Mathers. Take care of that.” He said pointing in Jordan’s general direction

“Jordan… Just go” I said quietly, scared for his life

“Stay out of it” he breathed with humor in his voice; I realized that he’s trying to make me feel better. Why??

                The gorillas stalked up to Jordan and attempted to grab him, but he was too fast and easily dodged their reaching hands. I was having a panic attack the whole time! Not once in this deadly dance did Jordan’s look of deadly rage and concentration waver. The three of them continued circling each other till they had circled once, twice, and on the third time round when he had his back to Mr. C the man picked up a class beaker and I barely had time to yell “Jordan watch out!” before it crashed into his head, sending him into unconsciousness.

“JORDAN!” I screamed. What is wrong with me? I ask myself frantically. Why is this so much worse than when he hurts me?!

“Hahahahaha” Mr. C laughed maniacally. “Now that he can’t do any more damage, shall we begin?”

-3 hours later-

                I opened my eyes to the black ashy remains of a once white room. What happened? I asked myself.What do I know? I know that I’ve been kidnapped… I know that I’ve been burned to make me immune to fire; I know that my name is Aden Margerite Smith. I know that they hurt Jordan because he wanted to save me. They hurt Jordan. Because of me. They will pay for that.

                The memory of Jordan defending and sticking out his neck for me and getting hurt for it sliced my heart. It was a new feeling considering my heart hadn’t been used since I was little. And I didn’t like it. Those apes will pay, and they will wish they had never touched a hair on the head of my Jordan. Whoa, where did that come from? I questioned myself. He is not mine. I don’t even want him… do I? After all he’s let be done to me? He tried to save you…optimistic side said. Shut the fudge up! You’re not helping! I thought back. Greeeeeat. Now I’m having arguments with myself about him. That isn’t a good sign.

                I was pulled out of y thoughts by a low but pain filled moan. I slowly got up – huh. I hadn’t even noticed I was lying down – and made my way over to where the sound had come from. Walking felt… Weird. It felt different than I remember. It’s hard to explain. It wasn’t walking anymore, it was more like floating. I couldn’t feel my feet connect with the ground. But I was getting distracted. I needed to help whoever was here.

                I walked around the ash and rubble of what used to be the science lab. I listened hard for any sound. Soon I was rewarded by another quiet and pain filled moan. I ran to the sound as quick as possible, and I found myself there within 0.12 milliseconds. The place I ran to was across the room. What? I asked myself in total disbelief. No matter, I’ll find out later. I look around and saw nothing but ash and fallen pillars. What happened here? I asked myself again. I heard another moan, and this one seemed to be coming from in the pile of wreckage.

                I quickly dug out whoever was in here. Boy, were they ever light. I pulled them to a flat surface and turned them over so that they were facing me, and my heart stopped.

Jordan.