Remembering

Val's POV

I walked out of my apartment to go grab some pizza.

Pizza.

That reminds me I never listened to Z's voicemail! Oh I bet I'm in the doghouse now!

I pull out my phone and listen.

My heart drops.

She sounds upset. She sounds- gone.

Worried, I press "Call Back" on my phone.

"Hey this is Zendaya! I can't make it to the phone right now so leave a message!"

Well, I guess I would just try later.

Zendayas POV

I walked out of my house at the sound of a honking car.

"Will you hurry?! We don't have all day!"

I frowned, looked down, and ran to the car. I opened the door and got in. Before I had even shut the door Greg put the car in reverse and pressed down quickly on the gas.

"Hi greg," I said.

"Did I say hi to you?"

"No I just wanted to- never mind."

"Stupid girl."

This would be a long date.

Val's POV

I walk into Pizza Central. I sit at the center table, zendayas favorite spot. I can't stop thinking about her. About how I feel about her.

Stop it val, I say to myself.

The door dings and I feel the instinct to look up.

Zendaya walked in, head down, behind some kid. Ok guy, but compared to me he's a kid.

I want to yell at Z and say hi, I was relieved she was ok. But something tells me she isn't. So I sit and watch.

She pulls out a chair and as she is about to sit in it, the kid sits. He says, "what? You were gonna sit here? Too bad."

My blood boils.

"Sorry," she mumbles.

Sorry? Why's she sorry?

The waitress comes over and asks them what they would like to drink.

"Water for her and Dr. Pepper for me beautiful."

Z looked down.

"Now why can't you be as pretty as her," the kid asked as the waitress walked off.

"I don't know."

I was almost ready to get up. No one talks to my Little Z like that.

The waitress returned with their drinks. When she walked away, zendaya got up to say she was going to the restroom. As she turned she hit the table, sending the kids drink onto his lap.

Zendaya turned. "Oh my god greg! I'm do sorry. I didn't mean-"

"Shut up you stupid girl!"

He grabbed her by the wrist. She winced. This was getting out of control. I got up.

"You ruined the whole night! We're leaving!"

Not without hearing from me first, I thought as I walked towards the door.

"Sir? Would you like to order?" A petite waitress said batting her eyes at me.

"No thanks," I smiled.

And I walked out the door.

Zendayas POV

Greg pulled me by the wrist to the side of the building no one could see.

"I'm sorry gre-"

"Don't you dare say my name. You don't deserve that privilege. But you do deserve this."

He raised his hand into a fist and punched me in the stomach. I fell to the ground. Then he kicked me.

"You deserve this! You are worthless!"

"Zendaya!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

Val.

I smiled before it all turned black.