The "Test" of Friendship

It was the morning which meant I was going to tell Auden what had happened. I waited but she was coming in late today. Great. I guess I would just tell her in study hall. I went to class and suffered through a block of science. Blocks were twice as long as normal periods which meant that you wouldn’t have the period that was normally scheduled to be after that one. During our break she was always with peitor. I was nervous about them talking and him mentioning something about yesterday without me explaining myself first but I figured that I would be fine I was her best friend she had to listen to me over him if tried anything. 

Homeroom bell rang and I went down to the room where I would meet her. She wasn’t there so i thought goddamnit she’s not here. Just my luck. Then she walked in. Thank god. 

"Auden I have to talk to you." I said to her but I knew this wouldn’t be enough time for me to tell her everything that i needed to tell her. 

"Yea I need to talk to you to Blu. It's about Pietor." she said then my expression changed. 

"Me too." I say and she looks confused. The bell rang and we were off. She had to go to history but walked me to band first. Part of this was so she could conveniently run into him in the hall way which is what i didn’t need. I didn’t want to piss her off so I didn’t say anything to her when I went into the band room but when I looked back she didn’t walk in the direction of him she walked right back to the history room.

After band my lips hurt from playing so much. I ran down the hall so I would avoid seeing Peitor I grabbed a few things from my locker and went into study hall. Auden was already waiting there. 

"I snuck passed you when you were in your locker." she said sounding shy

"Oh, well what was it that you needed to talk to me about? I feel like you should go first." I said to her trying not to let her know the news was bad. 

"Uhm well peitor was ignoring me. He wasn't kissing me this morning and as soon as I walked in he snatched me up away from everyone before I could even say hi. All he wanted to do was stand there away from everyone. It was weird." she said uncomfortably but I knew the news would crush her.

"Ok. Well I talked to peitor last night, and yesterday we hung out before my drama rehearsal. While we were hanging out he was being a little weird and then when he texted me he was saying things like he wanted to kiss me. At one point he even in a way asked for pictures. I hate to have to tell you this but it’s true. I have some of the texts still on my phone." I say and I knew how much this was hurting her. I could see the red puffiness in her eyes. 

She shook her head yes and I handed her my phone. As soon as she grabbed it whole phone started shanking with her hands. She held it to her knee to try and steady it but her knees were bouncing out of control. Finally putting it on the table she was able to hold it still enough to make out what the texts said. I could see from her eyes the pain she was in. I explained while she read why I said the things i did but it seemed like she wasn’t listening. She put the phone down when she finished and then her head followed. Her arms crossed underneath her. 

"Thank you Blu." she said, but I was confused. 

"Why are you thanking me?" I asked her

"Because it’s a reality check. I didn't really believe it with the other girls but i see it with you and I know this is real. He's talking to you like he talked to me. Right when we first started talking. He made me feel like a princess, was there for me, knew the right things to say. He was everything that I needed. I just can’t believe that he's doing it to other girls as well. I guess he really is." she said to me through sobs and sniffles. I could feel her pain. 

The bell rang and she wiped her tears and managed through the rest of the day but before health is when things got nasty. I guess she hadn't talked to peitor until then. But when she came up to me she told me that peitor told her that it was a good thing that you told me about last night. Then he came over to us. 

"It was a good thing because if you didn’t tell Auden before the day was over I wouldn’t let you be friends with her anymore."

"Why the hell would you do that!?" I said

"Because if you dint tell her that’s a sign that you're a bad friend and can’t be trusted. I don't want Auden being friends with people like that. It was a test of your friendship to Auden." He sad but by then I was pissed. He didn’t mean it was a test of me and Auden’s friendship it was a test of my loyalty to him. If I hadn’t said anything to her then he would have played along like nothing happened. He would have kept going after me and thought nothing about Auden. He was a liar. Most aggravating; he thought I was ignorant. 

"Why the hell would he care who you're friends with?" I asked Auden.

"He did this with the soccer team. Not like this but he told me that I couldn’t be friends with any of them because they were stuck up bitches. Next thing I knew he was getting pictures from half of them." she said to me

"Well maybe he thinks he can play me and that if we're not friends anymore then he can work on getting pictures out of me. It would make sense. He was obviously lying about it being a test of our friendship." I said to her angrily then class began. 

The end of the day came and we walked out together until he come over and ran off with Auden. I looked back but she couldn't say no. I guess I would text her later. He was always pulling her away. Controlling everything that she did. She had no freedoms. She was a prisoner in her relationship and she needed to end it. On the bus I thought about what to do what to think. Whether or not I should try and pry more info from Peitor or if I should just let it die. let it play out without the min games. There were so many ways to go but i wasn’t sure what to do. I had to think about Auden. What was best for her? So i got thinking.