[10] : Finale

I'm no longer the same girl I was a month ago. "The Master wishes to see you."

I'm no longer innocent. I smirked evilly and turned away from his newest young maid. "Let him rot."

I'm no longer shy and easily embarrassed. "He won't be very happy."

"He can go to hell."

The girl sighed from her spot at the door as she cast an empathic glance at me. "Why can't you do as he says?"

I snorted.

"That twisted bastard? Don't think so. The brat can't always have what he wants. So I ignore him, life goes on!" I snickered, half driven by madness. The girl turned away and hurried back to him. I waited for a brief moment of silence before I heard a crash-obviously something glass-and a scream as he hit the poor kidnapped girl. She reminded me of how I was when I was first captured.

I cannot be changed. The Viscount stormed furiously in and grabbed my wrists painfully, holding me a good foot or two off the ground. I spit at him and turned my face away, grimacing. It was cute when he threw fits, but I hated his punishments. Why me? I was only [Na]-who was I again? I don't remember anymore. I'm nobody. I don't even have a name.

What can I say? My heart grew cold and icy with all the beatings he gave me. "I saved you from that demon slave master, and this is how you repay me?" he screamed as he drew his hand against my skin harshly. I spit up some blood as I glared at him and hissed, "Hypocrite!" His face flushed from anger as his second strike made my cheek tingle and burn.

Then you came back. The side of my cell smashed into bits as two eerily red eyes peered at us from the dust. When all cleared, it revealed two familiar faces: Sebastian and Ciel. Ciel smirked confidently. "We finally found you, [Name]." His expression became serious as he lifted his eye-patch, revealing his mark to me for the first time. "Sebastian, free her and kill the Viscount. This is an immediate order."

My heart melted, my cheeks flushed. All my old emotions came flooding back at once-love, happiness, joy, relief. It was overwhelming as I shuddered. Sebastian smirked. "Yes, Master."

...

...

"You can open your eyes now," came Sebastian's melodic voice. I reopened my eyes to find us back at the Phantomhive manor. I was in Sebastian's arms, and instead of the smug smirk I expected to see, I found myself staring at an entirely new face. Sebastian looked scared, relieved, and slightly worried at the same time. I was sure my own face read confusion.

I feel warm. It feels...nice. "You little brat," he hissed, "you had me worried! I thought you were dead. Do you know what I've been through this past month?!" I flinched back form his harsh, grating tone and looked at the ground.

"I was in a prisoner cell, being groped by the Viscount. But please, tell me of your hardships," I replied with all the courage I could muster. Why was it that this man could crumble all the walls I'd tried so hard to build with a simple glance? I could feel him tense. Then his voice softened.

"You really don't know how much of an influence you have on people, do you?" he chuckled. I still didn't look at him. "You don't know what you can do to people. You have no idea how much you've toyed with my mind while you were here, do you?"

For a brief moment, his lips brushed over mine lightly in a suggestion of a kiss. My eyes snapped up to him, my blush returning to my cheeks. I touched my mouth in surprise.

"There's the [Name] I know," he murmured as he stroked my bright cheeks tenderly. I leaned into his hand comfortingly. I was home.

"You silly little human," he muttered beneath his breath, "I've fallen in love with you."