Prologue

Bio-Duelling. That is the name of the sport that has taken the world by storm. It's a sport that involves combat between particularly people exhibiting extraordinary and fantastic powers. These special fighters, involves people with a power called B.U.S, or BioUnSoul...I think that's a dumb name too. B.U.S is essentially the inner energy that lies within every single person but it's up to the individual to bring out that power. It could also be called aura if that makes things easier.

Bio-duels are one-on-one fights between two trained combatants. They basically fight until one drops or gives up. Yes it's exactly how it sounds, it can be violent and sometimes bloody. So to make things safe, and more entertaining for the crowds, the sport was turned into a game of sorts.

Every legal fighter has to wear a glove which sort of protects the user from injury. They will still realistically feel the sensations of cuts, aches and burns but be afflicted with no real wound. However as with any fight...pain is a problem. Be it illusion or real, pain is pain to the human brain. So as a safety feature is implemented where once a fighter reaches 70% or 90% of their pain threshold. The fight is over. Then once finished, as if nothing happened their bodies are restored

Now B.U.S. takes different forms, and a Fighter is given a rank based on the Form their B.U.S has taken. A Rank fighters where one may forge a weapon of their aura energy. Rank B fighters who can control an element such as Water, fire, earth, wind and lightning. And then Rank C aura fighters who use their aura to enhance their physical abilities.

Well these are the main three, now the very best...the legendary S rank fighter that only one has reached. This one, a man, was said to rise to a unknown plateau of power with a power so strong he could wield multiple elements and fashion his aura into two weapons. He was also a master of combat. He the first and still only person given the prestige of being called a S Class fighter. That's the S...now the worst D.

D rank fighters are useless, they can't fight, or use aura powers...and that's where I come in. I am a D rank fighter and what's worse...my father is the S-rank fighter. I am Saku, the youngest in the Stritos family, a family world renowned for their prowess in competitions and battles. I have three older sisters and a Mother, all fully known throughout the world for their power and abilities, as is the rest of my family. They all had such high hopes for me and I can still remember their faces, when they learnt of my predicament.

I didn't know my father for too long, he passed away, but he would always tell me...I have great talent waiting to be brought. That's when I was five...ten years later...I'm still waiting. I was more or less the laughing stock of the public, being the useless son of a Prestigious Father, and since I was so bad not a single training academy would take me...except one...the worst Green B.U.S academy.

Academies are essentially schools where young people are trained to become bio-duelists. Every academy participates in a world duelling competition for fame and notoriety...which where Green B.U.S academy lacks. You see the students there have the potential to become good duelists but for the majority they lack...motivation.

For the most part they are lazy and under-achievers. There is the one occasional good fighter but they don't make it far in the World Competition. Desperate to produce better fighters they start bringing in students to, how they say, encourage the students to perform better. Now normally to motivate someone, you bring someone encouraging, famous or at least has a leadership quality .

Well Green B.U.S went for specific looking students, ignoring most common-sense suggestions. So they brought handsome or strong boys to encourage the girls...which gave rise to fan clubs and girls screaming whenever the boys so much as looked at them. As for the girls, they went for the beautiful or curvy kind. Thus leading to a lot of boys with googly eyes and slapped faces. So as you can imagine...the 'Worst' Academy...went downhill.

Now as I ride the coach that will take me to Green B.U.S academy, I can only think of the dreadful time I'll have. If only I knew...of what was to come.