Chapter VII

"Um, excuse me, Miss?" a young woman said to me. I turned and raised my eyebrows at her, my mouth still filled with food. (I had decided to order 2 snack wraps as a last minute decision.) I finished chewing and swallowed, then took a sip of my almost-non-existent Pepsi.

"Yeah?" I asked, trying to look sweet and charming rather than intimidating. I wiped my mouth with my napkin and gave the woman a look. She was about 30-ish, and kinda petite. She had curly, wild hair that was both attractive and unique.

"You've been sitting here for over an hour," she said in a hushed voice. My first reaction to her words were: Why was it her business? She was a customer just like everybody else. But then I realized why she had mentioned it to me. McDonalds was reaching rush hour, and it was being jam packed. People needed tables to sit.

"Oops, sorry," I said, and I really was sorry. I put the rest of my food in a bag (believe or not, I purchased more due to my weird food needs), got up, and left. I dragged my suitcase along with me and realized that there had been a bottle of water on the side. I groaned. Why purchase Pepsi when I already had a drink?

After a long time of sitting in McDonalds pondering on what the heck my plan would be to rescue my friends and classmates, I finally just figured I would just track the Strigoi and see wherei t would lead me. But, first things first, I had to find another cab and a hotel.

After 10 minutes of waiting, I caught the attention of a purple cab. I loaded my luggage into the back and climbed inside. "Take me to the nearest Holiday Inn please," I said to the cab driver. He nodded and drove off.

The first thing I needed to do was get settled into the hotel, and after that, have someone drive me back to St. Vladimir's ruins. I would start there, and eventually work my way to the Strigoi trail and see where they had took everybody. Maybe I would pick up on some information about what the teachers had found out as well.

"We're here," the cab driver said about 15 minutes later. "$18.90 please," he said promptly. Cabs were friggin' expensive. I handed the driver the money and got out of the car. Then I picked up my bag of food, my suitcase and headed off to the hotel.

I was running low on money. I had my emergency credit card though. And me being me meant that I never used it unless it was an emergency. I stopped for a second and pulled out what was left of the cash I had. 50 bucks. Not bad, but, not good either. I would manage.

I cashed my money to the clerk at the table and got into the elevator. I was surprisingly calm for someone who was trying to save a bunch of people from menacing undead vampires.

The elevator stopped on the 6th floor and I got out, carting my luggage along with me. I honestly didn't trust anyone with my stuff. Suite number 667, how nice. I put all my things into the closet, but taking my silver stake out.

I sighed and sat down on the bed. I had no real idea of where to start on this. It was only 2:30 PM, which meant I was supposed to be sleeping. Geesh. I just realized that I was on the human schedule. I yawned and stretched, rubbing my tired eyes.

Maybe if I took just a short nap then I would be okay and I would think up of something absolutely amazing to get Cass and Wesley out of there. Oh, and Ivashkov too.