The mess

Friday 13th August 2010 - 21:10, The Kitchen

I was furious! I was stuck in this infernal party, and now i was being made to do labor! Unacceptable! Next Halloween i'll just ask for a 'french maid' out-fit, everyone knows that work is scary!

I exploded into the kitchen, damaging the paint-work on the door and startling my mother (she nearly choked on her cigarette) . My mother was standing by an open window over the sink. I actually didn't notice she was there at first, I was just making a bee-line to the fridge.

'Stupid, fat, lazy sod! He's got an ill paying job, lousy company and little hair on his head! But he doesn't have arthritis, so why can't he lift a finger to grab his own flaming beer!? What does he think i am, some sought of beer dispensing machine!? Why is he so...' And so on, i just kept mumbling and bad mouthing him continuously. Then in my blind rage, i attacked the fridge door and nearly broke it! Then i just stood there, and tried to calm my self down. But it didn't work.

It's easier said than done 'trying to calm your self down', but there is one thing that always helps... TV. Good old TV! I walked away from the fridge, leaving it in tact; grabbed a stool and sat in the corner of the kitchen. Quickly i grabbed the remote and turned on 'Doctor Who' and let out a sigh of relief.

You probably think it was uncalled for, attacking the fridge and bad-mouthing my farther, and truthfully it was. But try living in a rotten wooden bungalow, with parents who barely know you and little contact with the out side world without getting crabby and lonely. I do sought of have a social life, but its not 'me'. At school i am a completely different person, smiley, cheerful, clever, honest and happy. To every single teenager that last bit won't have make sense, so just to clarify, School is the only place i am happy!

'Oi! Get of your ass Rebecca and find that beer for your Dad!' This the the joyous sound of my mother. No 'Hello' just a sharp tongue with an order.

'When did YOU emerge from the Casino!?' I answered back. But I was in no mood to argue, so I had no reason to provoke her anger, otherwise i would have insulted her in some shape or form.

'When the credit card reached It's limit!' She took a huge breath in from her suicide stick (cigarette) and choked it out the window. 'Get that beer for your farther, before he becomes sober Missy!' I just stared at her, eye to eye, until she meandered away.

Then... when she left and closed the door behind her... the lights suddenly flickered, and the gas from the cooker was switched on. I jumped when i heard the sound of the gas, then quickly ran to turn it off . It felt as if someone was trying to set the room on fire. I was alone, but it felt like someone was with me. I checked around the room, i was defiantly alone! And no-one could have just slipped in and out that easily to play a prank on me, for a start the light switch was... That was when i realised something was wrong, you see the electric in our house is dodgy and the light switch still worked but the bulb was broken. I had broken it earlier that day, lets say that there is only just enough room to swing cat in the kitchen. Ops!

Even when i had turned off the gas the light kept flickering, and a few sparks were coming off too, it wouldn't stop! The electric was OK, the TV was still working and the music in the other room was louder than ever! Maybe the fuse was playing up?

Yea, that must have be it! That was when I looked at my hand on the off button for the stove... A fuse couldn't make that happen, could it? No, it was a gas cooker, but the gas could have been on for a while and i had only just noticed it. It can't have been that!!! If it was, my chain smoking mother would have blown this crap hole to oblivion 5 minutes ago. I was confused, and honestly... i was a little worried. I took my hand off the stove, stared at it with confused and evil eyes, then backed away with caution, never taking my eyes off that creepy stove. I reached for the door and yanked the handle, but the door didn't fly open as expected. It stayed stubbornly still.