Chapter 7 | Just that Mesmerizing | Part 2

Turning my head, I slowly came eye to eye with two exquisite hazel ones. My heart stopped.

Flashing me a mind blowing grin, Beast glanced down at me. "Hey, Zoe."

"Oh, wonderful!" Deborah clapped beside me, jumping in joy. "Zoe can help you find your book!"

Beast shot her a wide smile. "She can help me with more than that."

"Yes, yes, of course," Deborah nodded along and grabbed her purse, smiling back at him. "Well, I should run along now, and leave you two to do whatever you youngsters do these days." She winked at me, the smile lines on her eyes crinkling happily. "Take care, now."

Walking towards the exit, she scurried away. Beast must have mesmerized her, too. Oh, gosh, not Deborah, too.

Completely frozen, I watched her leave, wishing I could go with her. Oh shoot, I was going to be with Beast again. If he kissed me...I swear, I would probably faint.

"So, how's your day going, Zoe?" Beast walked his muscular body around to grab his library card. "You ready to help me find a book?"

"Why am I not surprised that you're here?" I mused, tilting my head. It was almost as though I wanted him to pay me a visit at the library.

"I needed to get my book." He replied, smooth. "And after the conversation we had at the bowling alley, I needed to talk to you again."

"Talk about what?"

"Anything." He shrugged, a devilishly handsome smile tugging on his lips. "Besides, it's always nice to hang around a pretty girl."

Swooning inwardly, I forced myself to look away before I said something stupid. He called me pretty. How was I not supposed to fall for him if he leans up against me, kisses me, whispers to me, and calls me pretty?

How was I supposed to stay away from him? Why in the world would I?

"Because he's a bad boy, Zoe." I muttered to myself. "Because your brother doesn't want you to hurt yourself."

"What'd you say?" Beast quirked up his sexy eyebrow.

"Nothing." I blurted quickly. Turning to look at him, I finally took the chance to speak. I was confused and I didn't like being confused. "What do you want from me, Vince?"

"Like I said, I just want to get to know you," He gave me a breathtaking smile, "Zoe."

My heart fluttered, yet again at how he spoke my name. It was surprising, how a single word from his lips could get me to wrap around his finger. Just breathing "Zoe" could make my heart stop momentarily, and make my head go fuzzy.

"What do you want to get to know?" I asked, lightheaded. "Is there anything to know?"

He grinned, perfect teeth gleaming beneath his perfect lips. I almost passed out from their perfectness.

I was really going to have to learn to control myself around him. I couldn't always fawn over him, like a lovesick puppy. I had to have some level of power over looking at his glory.

Did I just call myself a lovesick puppy?

"I can't play twenty questions with you to get to know you." He scrunched up his nose in fake disgust. "That's not fun."

"Too easy?"

"Definitely too easy." He nodded along, grinning. "I'm the type of guy who lives vicariously. Twenty questions just isn't spelled out in 'vicarious'."

"Vicarious?" I questioned his choice of vocabulary. "That's not something I was expecting."

"I'm always here to surprise people with the unexpected." He joked, smiling. "Come on, let's go find my book."

I let out a breath on the inside, glad the uncomfortableness had disappeared. It made sense now, what he was doing. He wanted to get to know me by spending time with me. Of course, the reason as to why he was doing that was still an enigma, but my mind was put to more ease than before.

Trudging behind him, I leaned back down against the library catalogue computer, being careful not to sit on the bench again. I didn't want him to come close to me like before -- I wouldn't be able to control myself if that were to happen.

"What type of book is this again?"

"It's about pheromones," he replied, from behind me.

Quickly jotting the serial number of one of the pheromone books down on a piece of paper, I stood straight and turned to Beast to lead him to the science section.

I found him standing with his long arms crossed, his eyes behind me, a small smirk on his lips. His glanced up at my face flirtatiously, a secret hidden on his face.

"What?" Iasked, suspiciously. Why was he staring at me?    

Author's Note

Why do you think he's staring at her? Is he amused, shocked, or just flat out creepy? 

Again, If you feel like this deserves it, please vote, comment, and tell me how you feel about this! It'll mean a lot! :) 

Edited: May 20, 2018