Chapter 4

The group of friends were thankful to leave the horrible and disgusting house before making their way through the streets for ten minutes more. Eventually, they arrived outside of a beautiful and large house "whoa" was all Ezra could say with wide eyes; did his friends really live here?? They entered the home and gave the fifteen year old the 'grand tour'; downstairs, there was a large living room, a kitchen worthy of a professional chef, a toilet, a door that led to the the garage which had many tools and a car inside it - all of which were Hera's - and another door that led to the basement. Upstairs, there was the couples shared bedroom, Zeb's room, Sabine's room, two bathrooms and a door that led to the attic. They stopped outside of the last door "why don't you head on up first?? This is your new room after all" Kanan suggested with a smile as he held his girlfriends hand; Ezra returned the kind feature before doing as told. After walking up a small stair case, they saw a room with four light blue walls, a cream colored carpet, a double bed with orange and navy blue sheets, a wooden desk with a chair, matching wooden shelves screwed into the wall that held many books, a small sofa that was facing a TV which was hung up on the wall, a wardrobe which was empty and a large window that supported a seat. The room itself was rather large - it was the attic after all, and it was beyond anything Ezra could ever imagine. "What do you this Ezra?? It's usual the room for visiting family but now it's yours" Sabine asked - she was as eager as everyone else to know "it's...it's amazing!! Are you sure I can really stay here??" his voice was heavy with doubt but the four nodded. Zeb even joked saying he didn't see anyone else with navy blue hair moving in. "You're staying kid, Hera and I are now your legal guardians" Kanan stated as he patted the boy on the shoulder "so you're stuck with us".

They left the room to allow Ezra some time to unpack and settle in; it only took him five minutes and so he decided to return downstairs. The two girls were cooking some dinner whilst Zeb was sat at the table writing something and Kanan was looking through one of the higher cupboards. "Hey" Ezra greeted to alert them all of his presence "hey kid, you all settled??" the nineteen year old asked as he handed his girlfriend the small box she couldn't reach; the boy nodded as he sat next to the rugby player. A few minutes later and the table was set, Hera plated up the food with the help of Sabine before they all dug in; Ezra was amazed by the plate that was placed in front of him. It was full of food!! He was unsure 'is this all for me??' he wondered before joining everyone in eating. The four older teens chatted away whilst eating - they were nearly finished - and yet their new roommate had only had two bites of his chicken and was rather quiet. Sabine was the first to notice "you okay Ezra?? Son't you like chicken and chips with peas??" she asked, catching the attention of the other woman and two males "em...no, I like the food" he reassured "it's just...I'm not used to having this much food, that's all". They then realized that whilst at school for the two days, they had never seen Ezra eat anything, including lunch; did Tom even feed him before or after school?? Looking now, they realized their answer; all four felt an even stronger anger for the boy's old foster father. "Well now you live with us and you can have as much food as you want" Hera declared earning a smile "thanks guys...it's just gonna take me some time...I'm not used to any of this" Ezra reminded; Kanan reached over and rustled the kid's hair with a grin "you have as much time as you want and need". After dinner, the roommates all gathered together in the living room to watch TV before decided to play on the Wii for a but before watching a film. "Okay" Kanan spoke up once the movie had ended "it's half past nine so we better get to bed" both Zeb and Sabine groaned earning a chuckle from Hera "Kanan's right, it is a school night remember". Those two really were like the parents of the house. 

They made their way upstairs before parting way to their own rooms after saying good night. Inside the couples bedroom, Kanan was going through his phone whilst Hera was reading a book she had recently bought. All of a sudden, there was a light knock at the door "come in" Hera called out, wondering who it was; the door opened to reveal their new friend "hey Ezra, what's up??" she put her book down as the man did the same with his phone. "Sorry to disturb you but...em...I don't have any pajamas" Ezra explained; they both understood the problem so Kanan stood up and rummaged through one of the draws. He soon pulled out a pair of pajamas and handed them over "here, they're one of my old pairs so they might be a little bit big" he explained; Ezra still smiled "they'll be fine, thanks". Although he had what he wanted...the fifteen year old didn't make any move to leave. "Ezra??" Hera spoke to the boy who looked to the ground "could you....never mind" he suddenly spun around and left the room in a rush. The two adults shared confused look before the man stood up once again, stating that he'll go see what was wrong. Soon reaching the room and being allowed in, Kanan saw his new friend struggling to take his shirt off; it then hit the man. Ezra was going to ask for some help with changing but must have become nervous or embarrassed, quickly changing his mind. Taking it upon himself to complete the unasked yet needed question, Kanan made his way over and gently helped Ezra take the shirt off and then change into his old pajama top. "Do you need help with your shorts??" he asked, making the younger teen shake his head "no...thanks Kanan" Ezra rubbed the back of his neck in nervousness "it's okay to ask for help kid...we're all your family now" Kanan insisted "never forget that" and with that, he said good night and left. Kanan returned to his own room and explained what had happened to his girlfriend; she thought it was sweet. Soon enough, they were both fast asleep. Back in the newest resident's room, Ezra had finished changing and lay down in his new bed; it was so comfy!! He wrapped his old blanket around his shoulders before hand though; he didn't want to wake up and have a panic attack due to not knowing where he was and with who. It was something he knew and was familiar with. Eventually, the boy drifted into a light sleep with a smile on his face.